Buy the XDJ 700?
    Tech Convert

Default Buy the XDJ 700?

Hi guys,
    i want to make you a question.
    I started djing with an pioneer rrb, dreaming about a cdj set-up.
    I've kept some money and I'm thinking of buying a couple of XDJ 700 and a Djm 700 used.

The really question is.

it's worth it?
    pioneer updates its products totally random
    my fear is that in a few months they will hunt the MK2 for 2/300 euros more.

Thank you,
    sorry for the bad English.

plain and simple yes. you will not be disapointed in these players. i came from a controller and i love these so much more than i ever imagined. i do not believe pioneer will make a 700mk2 but hey it could happen

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    plain and simple yes. you will not be disapointed in these players. i came from a controller and i love these so much more than i ever imagined. i do not believe pioneer will make a 700mk2 but hey it could happen
    Thank you for the reply, I think that they bring out in 2018 the xdj 2000.
    Maybe the 700s are not the peak ones.

Quote Originally Posted by emanuele View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I think that they bring out in 2018 the xdj 2000.
    Maybe the 700s are not the peak ones.
    I don't think so.

The xdj-1000mk2 is currently the top of the xdj line. And it was released pretty recently.

That will be out for a few years before they update the line.

And they're not going to release an xdj-2000. It would compete with the cdj-2000nxs2 too closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I don't think so.

The xdj-1000mk2 is currently the top of the xdj line. And it was released pretty recently.

That will be out for a few years before they update the line.

And they're not going to release an xdj-2000. It would compete with the cdj-2000nxs2 too closely.

Yeah, but sincerely I think the x series is the future.
    few DJs use CDs today and it's a fact. we will see in 2018 what they will propose, I was almost upset when they announced the rx2... I know the rx1 had a lot of bugs and problems, but they could very well issue updates, at the hardware level it was quite ok

Quote Originally Posted by emanuele View Post
    Yeah, but sincerely I think the x series is the future.
    few DJs use CDs today and it's a fact. we will see in 2018 what they will propose, I was almost upset when they announced the rx2... I know the rx1 had a lot of bugs and problems, but they could very well issue updates, at the hardware level it was quite ok
    There are still a good number of touring DJs who use CDs. And the XDJ is just limited compared to the CDJ.

They will not make them equal any time soon. Maybe in another decade.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    There are still a good number of touring DJs who use CDs. And the XDJ is just limited compared to the CDJ.

They will not make them equal any time soon. Maybe in another decade.

This is purely artificial to control the product line.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    How so? Personally I find CD's to be heavily antiquated in the realm of deejaying, but I still see a lot of DJ's using the format (Aphrodite being the biggest name in DNB that comes to mind).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Yep.

But the margin on the CD drive (and the longer feature list) increase Pioneer's profits, so they'll keep it.

I'm not complaining. That's how the world works. And, we wouldn't have any of those things without them wanting to make money. They just haven't had any real competition in years. And it looks like the SC5000 Prime probably isn't going to do it. It would be kind of cool if it did.

If you're looking for a release next year, I'd look at Denon.

Pioneer has a stranglehold on the industry because they were first to market with a turntable-like CDJ that worked and lasted, but they've stayed there because of their tactics. They release robust "good enough" pro-level gear with steady releases slow enough that clubs, promoters, and headliners aren't constantly chasing upgrades but fast enough that prosumers and rich amateurs are constantly looking to the horizon if only to dream. And, they suppliment it with a wide range of bedroom-focused gear that looks and feels basically the same, drops expensive features that amateurs won't miss and is missing at least a few of the recent developments that will keep the budget-minded dreaming for gear that the probably can't afford. And they use the "bedroom" and "not-club" lines to test out features they're curious about (the RZX's video integration, controllers for SDJ to see if Rekordbox DJ was worth the investment, the cheap standalone consoles to test near-pro-level ones for serious mobile jocks or certan tour applications, etc.).

It's basically the car company model. Chevy doesn't make the Corvette so people will buy it, they make it so more people will buy more Cameros and Neons...because they're made by the same company and must be somewhat similar. They just happen to also give them to pros (e.g., racing teams) and sell them to rich amateurs. Just like Pioneer.

If Denon doesn't release a SC2500 with fewer performance features (maybe the pads will be on an add-on controller) and probably without digital outputs but with dual layers for around 900 to maybe 1000 street in 2018, it's because they don't actually care to compete with Pioneer. If I wanted prosumer CDJs soon but not now, that's what I'd be waiting for. I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if they scaled down the MCX8000 as well....still 4 decks/channels but with something missing....I'm just not sure what...it would completely destroy the XDJ-RX2 even more than it already does. The Prime stuff is an awesome competitor, but they need to control the bedroom market before they can really make inroads with it. And right now, they're primed for it (pun intended).