Use your computer monitor as a controller!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Use your computer monitor as a controller!

Use your computer monitor as controller!
    .... Well sort of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4S0JNBtPdw

At least for us bedroom dj's, you can get rid of that nasty keyboard/mouse for some features not covered by the VCI... The responsetime would probably be to louse for beatmatching of any sort, but for the rest it would be relly cool.

There have been many small touch-screens to this date but they are not very usable... and not multi touch... So you could slide the crossfader and at the same time disabling an effect. Well imagine the possibilities =)... And it's not that expensive...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-1172
    http://www.techbargains.com/news_dis...fm/187693?r1=1

Now just waiting for a customized version, "Traktor Pro Touch" haha.
    Last edited by MixiM; 12-10-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Make one for the MBP and I'm in
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by janzak View Post
    Make one for the MBP and I'm in
    I'm sure it would work but with drivers but.. OSX isn't really optimized for touch use nor multitouch.

Hmm? But the MBP IS multi-touch, right? The trackpad?
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Yup! But Windows 7 has an on screen multitouch keyboard, the scrolling is done with one finger...etc OSX is optimized for multitouch gestures on a trackpad... but not for a multi touch-screen! No big deal, they'll probably fix that with their comming 10" tablet.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MixiM View Post
    I'm sure it would work but with drivers but.. OSX isn't really optimized for touch use nor multitouch.
    I figure this is about to change soon:

Apple tablets next year
    @Twumpy

Tech Wizard

Default Hek

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    I figure this is about to change soon:
    Apple tablets next year
    ... Well

Yup! But Windows 7 has an on screen multitouch keyboard, the scrolling is done with one finger...etc OSX is optimized for multitouch gestures on a trackpad... but not for a multi touch-screen! No big deal, they'll probably fix that with their comming 10" tablet.

Tech Mentor

I think OSX would handle multi-touch just fine right now. What's there for it to add? apart from being able to drag multiple point at the same time (select two files with different fingers). Most of it would be making Traktor or whatever your using accept multiple touches.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    I think OSX would handle multi-touch just fine right now. What's there for it to add? apart from being able to drag multiple point at the same time (select two files with different fingers). Most of it would be making Traktor or whatever your using accept multiple touches.
    Hum, i think that osx has all the fundamental buildingstones for it to work right already implemented... But may not be set up for multitouch features other than gestures? In win 7 every finger creates a new "mouse pointer".

One finger scroll would not be working because it would record your finger as a ordinary mouse... We won't know until somebody have tested =)...

But it will all be standard features comming with some update i'm sure.

Tech Mentor

Hum, i think that osx has all the fundamental buildingstones for it to work right already implemented... But may not be set up for multitouch features other than gestures? In win 7 every finger creates a new "mouse pointer".

One finger scroll would not be working because it would record your finger as a ordinary mouse... We won't know until somebody have tested =)...

But it will all be standard features comming with some update i'm sure.
    I think your missing my point... The multiple mousepointers/fingers thing isn't OS dependent it's software dependent. If you start up Traktor now on the above pc and press two different places at once it wouldn't work as traktor isn't designed/programed to understand multiple mouse pointers/inputs at the moment.

Of course you could work around this using a program that can and then sends midi messengers. But still it basically doesn't matter what OS your running you still need a way of sending multiple messages to the software you want to control and the software being able to cope with it.

edit: is messenger spelt wrong? I'm having a complete brain fart on it right now and it just doesn't look right
    Last edited by Remote; 12-11-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast