MF Twister Traktor Mapping questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default MF Twister Traktor Mapping questions

I have a few questions I can't get past in finalizing my MF Twister Traktor mixer mapping:

1) I am trying to work out a way that I can get the side buttons to cycle through assigning the FX Banks to decks. Since I am trying to get this to be a 4 deck mixer, my two ideal thoughts of how this would work are that each of the four buttons controls a deck and that pressing one either cycles through FX1 ON, FX2 ON, All FX ON, All FX Off; or that pressing one toggles all FX on and then off; or something similar etc. No matter how I seem to have it mapped in traktor, all it seems capable of doing is turning off an FX bank from a channel rather than being able to turn it back on again... my buttons are all set to CC hold. Perhaps that is part of the problem? on the other pages of the MF I am using them for deck sync I/O, Flux I/O, and Master volume up and down.

2) I have the encoders able to simulate a jog turn however since these encoders do seem to be programmed to have a limited turning distance (Ie almost like a knob) they can't do infinite distance jog turns and will run out of space. Is there a way to bypass this on just one row of knobs on one page?

3) Is there a way to default the encoder values to start at a certain level other than adding a detent? For instance gain should start at the top of the knob however doesn't really need a detent, and channel volume I believe in traktor starts at 100% whereas the MF knobs start at 0%

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

1) CC Hold setting is fine. To follow up set your interaction mode to toggle in Traktor's Controller Manager.

2) Change the encoder mode from "CC" to "3Fh" in the Midifighter Utility. In Traktor, be sure to set Encoder/Relative/3Fh.

3) I don't understand this quetion. Can you put it in other words?

Tech Convert

1) Is there no place in the mapping to select which FX Bank is the target? Only deck? I did this and now I have the right button able to toggle Deck A FX Bank 1 and Deck B FX Bank 2. But is there not a way to get the button to toggle FX Bank 2 on both, and a different one toggle FX Bank 1 on both?

2) This worked thanks

3) When I plug in the MF, the knob values start at 0% but in traktor, things like volume start at 100%. They do fix themselves when I move the knob but it is nice to have them all start at the same level when I start so the lights truly show the state of the software. Is there a way to change one or the other so that they start in the same state?

1) I believe you're using command named "FX Deck On" ? If so, you can use dedicated "FX Unit On" commands instead.

2) Cool.

3) Ok so what you are missing is the LED output command for the controls that you've already mapped the input.
    You can access this commands if you click on "ADD OUT" tab. Let me know if you need more input on this.

Tech Convert

Great I got them all from there thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lmboyer04 View Post
    Great I got them all from there thanks
    Anytimes mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    1) I believe you're using command named "FX Deck On" ? If so, you can use dedicated "FX Unit On" commands instead.

2) Cool.

3) Ok so what you are missing is the LED output command for the controls that you've already mapped the input.
    You can access this commands if you click on "ADD OUT" tab. Let me know if you need more input on this.
    Good evening,

I am experiencing the problem number 3 listed above, but I am currently using ableton live. I have tried to figure out what you you mean Stewe when you say the add out, but I don't even know if it is just a Traktor setting. I am really looking for your help, and since I am not an expert in this field, as easy as possible hahahaha.

Really hope you can help me!

Quote Originally Posted by dahseone View Post
    Good evening,

I am experiencing the problem number 3 listed above, but I am currently using ableton live. I have tried to figure out what you you mean Stewe when you say the add out, but I don't even know if it is just a Traktor setting. I am really looking for your help, and since I am not an expert in this field, as easy as possible hahahaha.

Really hope you can help me!
    For which controls are you trying to get LED information set up in Traktor?
    Please attach your TSI and MFS (midifighter settings) for me to take a look. I'll be happy to help you with that

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    For which controls are you trying to get LED information set up in Traktor?
    Please attach your TSI and MFS (midifighter settings) for me to take a look. I'll be happy to help you with that
    I am sorry if I explained my self wrong, but what I tried to say is that I am experiencing the problem listed above, but in ABLETON live (not in Traktor), which is that when I open a live session and I have the MFTwister mapped to some parameter, I see that parameter in the value I want (for example, wet/dry in reverb at 50%), but as soon as I move a knob to modify that parameter to increase the value for example, the value instantly goes to 0 and then starts to increase. Same happens with for example EQ, which is annoying because each time I want to start using the MFT in a session, I need to previously touch all the parameters to avoid that 'instantly start from 0' moment before coming back to working as intented.

I really hope I explained it properly, and thank you for your fast response.

Quote Originally Posted by dahseone View Post
    I am sorry if I explained my self wrong, but what I tried to say is that I am experiencing the problem listed above, but in ABLETON live (not in Traktor), which is that when I open a live session and I have the MFTwister mapped to some parameter, I see that parameter in the value I want (for example, wet/dry in reverb at 50%), but as soon as I move a knob to modify that parameter to increase the value for example, the value instantly goes to 0 and then starts to increase. Same happens with for example EQ, which is annoying because each time I want to start using the MFT in a session, I need to previously touch all the parameters to avoid that 'instantly start from 0' moment before coming back to working as intented.

I really hope I explained it properly, and thank you for your fast response.
    This is more likely and Ableton related issue. I'm not an expert on Ableton but you can look up for "Soft Takeover" or something called like that.

You want software to pick up the currently set value instead of sending current hardware (Encoder CC) value. I'm sure it's possible as I done it before. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast