Exists an alternative to a Xone4D?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dottork View Post
    with a Xone i can save a channel on the mixer because of the send/return knobs (or using the "1Ds" faders to do it) now i musst to have a channel only for controlling the FXReturn.
    That would only work if you can route the send/return as a 5th channel, which isn't possible on most mixers. According to the Xone:4D manual the FX RTN knobs are only for the RCA connectors on the rear of the mixer.

Tech Mentor

maybe xone 2D ... for long times about 8 years i ve playing traktor maschine ableton and also real vinyl just with xone 5D ( one 2D + 3X 1D... ) without mixer ,all in 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dj wo k View Post
    maybe xone 2D ... for long times about 8 years i ve playing traktor maschine ableton and also real vinyl just with xone 5D ( one 2D + 3X 1D... ) without mixer ,all in 4
    In emergency case could be an option xD.

But i asked because the 4D is nit the newest mixer, maybe there are more newer options but i don't know it (i means a "new version", from xone or another trademark, which "same layout/format offers)

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    That would only work if you can route the send/return as a 5th channel, which isn't possible on most mixers. According to the Xone:4D manual the FX RTN knobs are only for the RCA connectors on the rear of the mixer.
    Ok.....and how works the send/return on a 4D??
    Works the knob on the mixer "like a fader"?(more return, less "master"?)or what's the effect when i set the return to the max?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dottork View Post
    Ok.....and how works the send/return on a 4D??
    Works the knob on the mixer "like a fader"?(more return, less "master"?)or what's the effect when i set the return to the max?

So, that's from the 4D's users manual.

There these 2 knobs for the return in,if i understood that thing:
    A)When having it as "prefader" i can do the send when the fader of the cannel is totally down.
    B)The returns aren't "channels", but it will added to the master with this 2 knobs independently from the fader status (if in pre)

Really??

That's would be a dream when compared with my map on a digital controller without filter and sends (3 filters on ableton, for decks a/b and Ableton master controlled by 1 knob and 3 buttons)
    Last edited by dottork; 01-10-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12