Live SFX controller setup questions!
    Tech Student

Default Live SFX controller setup questions!

Hey guys, I am new to creating electronic music and am trying to wrap my head around how some of these devices work together. I play with a rock band and picked up an Alessis Sample pad 4 to trigger samples/sfx live. I want a way to control the output of my samples and was looking at picking up a dj controller to do so.

Any thoughts on this set up? Will it work? Are there better ways to trigger sfx with a device and then do crazy stuff to them live? I was also looking at the kaoss pad... and to be clear, i am not looking to make beats etc, just trigger sfx (preferably with my alessis) and tweak them in a live setting. Also, I'd rather not be tied to a computer, but if you think that's the best way, let me know.

Thanks!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Washbilly View Post
    Hey guys, I am new to creating electronic music and am trying to wrap my head around how some of these devices work together. I play with a rock band and picked up an Alessis Sample pad 4 to trigger samples/sfx live. I want a way to control the output of my samples and was looking at picking up a dj controller to do so.

Any thoughts on this set up? Will it work? Are there better ways to trigger sfx with a device and then do crazy stuff to them live? I was also looking at the kaoss pad... and to be clear, i am not looking to make beats etc, just trigger sfx (preferably with my alessis) and tweak them in a live setting. Also, I'd rather not be tied to a computer, but if you think that's the best way, let me know.

Thanks!
    Check out Midifighters!