New Dj Mixer for home setup. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

I found some decent unit here too but still hesitate if its good idea.

Other alternatives are Z2 or DJM450 + X1.

So, I was actually wrong. The DDJ-RR works as a mixer and for Rekordbox DVS.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    So, I was actually wrong. The DDJ-RR works as a mixer and for Rekordbox DVS.
    As does the DDJ-SR2 for Serato + Rekordbox DVS.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by drogtech View Post
    What about midi mapping does dj mixers like djm 450 allow this so I can map load and browse by myself?
    Seeing how there's not really any extra buttons on it, no

Drogtech's idea about the X1 (or X1mk2, though it is better w/ traktor) is good.

I did that at some point, though the end result of it was me ditching DVS, because there wasn't actually anything (beyond manual tempo) that it didn't do better.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Drogtech's idea about the X1 (or X1mk2, though it is better w/ traktor) is good.

I did that at some point, though the end result of it was me ditching DVS, because there wasn't actually anything (beyond manual tempo) that it didn't do better.
    yeah I know what you mean, I am torn in which direction to go, dvs or more digital with controllers. I know what are the options now I need to figure out what to choose for my setup.
    Is rekordbox as a software stable or there are still issues to be solved by Pioneer?

Quote Originally Posted by drogtech View Post
    yeah I know what you mean, I am torn in which direction to go, dvs or more digital with controllers. I know what are the options now I need to figure out what to choose for my setup.
    Is rekordbox as a software stable or there are still issues to be solved by Pioneer?
    I haven't had any problems with it, but I haven't used it professionally or all that extensively, and I haven't tried the DVS. I've had fewer crashes than with Traktor 2.11.whatever and actually prefer it except that there just aren't controllers for it as good as the D2s for how I like to do things.

I use it occasionally with my DDJ-SX (sometimes through my A10 into my rotary), and I like it well enough except that I just don't like traditional CDJ-style deck controllers anymore. The thought has actually crossed my mind to map a DDJ-SP1 to it just because I'm pretty sure it'll give me all the control I need to play just on that...with what I thnk are better effects than Traktor has. Something about it just seems like a step backwards.

Anyone knows what happened with the DJ Tech Dicer clone? That solves the problem of missing browsing controls on a dvs mixer.
    http://djtechtools.com/2016/01/12/is...a-dicer-clone/
    original.jpg

Aren't the dicers still made?

These are different, have rotary encoder so you can easily browse the library etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast