Upgrading my 13" Mid-2012 Macbook Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

About to do the SSD swap and move my current HD into the CD slot. Wish me luck! If you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know what happened...

Tech Convert

Alright, I put the new SSD in the factory slot, and my original HD in the optical drive carriage. The HD was on Sierra, and I downloaded the upgrade to High Sierra and installed it on the SSD. Now, when booting from the SSD, it recognizes the HD but doesn't load it in the finder. How can I access it? All my music and files are on there and I want to transfer some stuff to the SSD...

Edit: Got it! Simple restart sorted it out...
    Last edited by dioggi; 01-13-2018 at 02:46 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by dioggi View Post
    Alright, I put the new SSD in the factory slot, and my original HD in the optical drive carriage. The HD was on Sierra, and I downloaded the upgrade to High Sierra and installed it on the SSD. Now, when booting from the SSD, it recognizes the HD but doesn't load it in the finder. How can I access it? All my music and files are on there and I want to transfer some stuff to the SSD...

Edit: Got it! Simple restart sorted it out...
    Nice one

I also use Symlinker to "connect" certain default folders to the spinning HDD e.g. Logic Library, Photos, iTunes Music, VM's & Documents.

Depending on the size of your SSD you might not need it, but for large folders it can prevent running out of space fast on the SSD (e.g. my photos library is 120GB and Logic is 50GB+ at this point.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12