Numark Stealth Midi Mapping For Traktor Pro 1.2+ (Experimental)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Talking Numark Stealth Midi Mapping For Traktor Pro 1.2+ (Experimental)

What do you do when it feels like mixing just 2 decks isn’t enough? And what do you do when you have a midi controller like say a Numark Stealth Control?...

After about 3 days of on and off effort, I would like to share what I have come up with so far.

Please keep in mind that this mapping is only version 1 and is far from perfect.

Overview

The main idea behind this mapping is to allow for seamless moving from 2 deck to 4deck controls while not being too complicated(I think).

Layout

As shown by the image above you can pretty much get an idea of what I'm attempting to do.

FX Controls

On either side of the mixer section are the FX controls. In normal mode all knobs & buttons on the left control FX Unit 1 (Advanced or Chained) and the right, the same applies to FX Unit 2.

Engaging Shift 1 (Page Button) will allow for the assigning of FX units to decks A & B. This also allows for the control of the filters for both decks.

Engaging Shift 2 with Shift 1 will allow for the assigning of FX units to decks C & D. This also allows for the control of the filters for these decks.

Transport Controls

Basically, everything works as labeled. Engaging shift2 will switch from control over decks A & B to control over decks C & D.

Mixer Controls

These work as expected with kills on all each band by pushing down for decks A & B. Engaging shift 2 switches control to decks C & D.

Loop Controls

The loop button drops a loop which can be lengthened or shortened. Engaging shift 2, turns the loop length buttons into beat jumps (+4/-4).

Other Stuff

The sync buttons give visual feedback for the tempo of each deck.
    PFL buttons double as deck focus buttons when shift 1 is used.
    CUP copies decks A to C and B to D when shift 2 is engaged. By default it functions as Cue Play for decks A & B.

Somehow, I think some things are being left out. Hopefully, the image will help to fill in some of the gaps.

Possible changes

Using shift 2 to switch controls to only decks C & D and shift 3 to switch controls to FX units 3 & 4.
    Using Shift 3 to control Deck C and Fx unit 3 and shift 2 to control Deck D and Fx unit 4

Anyhow, that's about it for now. It'd be nice to get some feedback/suggestion from others here. Updates to come soon. Feel free to check out the attached TSI file for Traktor 1.2+ if you have a Numark Stealth Control
    gear: Pioneer DDJ-SR | HP DV6 | Serato DJ | Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

Thank you very much for this! Very excellent job.

Im getting tpro soon, and just stumbled across this map. Sounds like you have done a wicked job mate!! Cant wait to try it out
    17" dual core laptop
    Numark Stealth
    Audio 2 Dj

Tech Convert

Default Small Update

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to check out my mapping and saying thanks.

Yesterday was the first time I really got to put the mapping through a decent enough test during a live stream.

I'm really thinking about having shift 3 control fx units 3 & 4 instead of shift 2 which is tied to transport controls for decks C & D.

Btw, I left out a few things from the original post to keep the reading time down. Here are a few things...

Shift 3 + Track Search encoder = Cue Selection for focused deck
    Shift 3 + Jog Wheels (A&B Only) = Backspin effect (don't rly like it much now)

Anyway, that it for now...I'll try to post an update relatively soon.

Tech Wizard

will this work with omni?

Hi there!
    I just got my Numark Stealth with NI Audio2DJ and I 'm using Traktor 3.4.0.1. Since my edition of traktor cannot work with your tsi file, I think I will have to make my own tks...

One question though, how do you map the 'Shift' button?

Tech Convert

@Kurbitur: It might work since I think the Omni is really a Stealth Control + Integrated Audio Interface (i could be totally wrong). If it works, let me know.

@fotispirou: The shift buttons just engage modifiers to extend the controls. In Traktor 3.4, you'll have to map "Select Midi Page #<number>" (where number refers to which midi page you want to use) to a button to have the same effect. Hope that helps. I might make a tks file, or when you have done yours you can share it with the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xerosai View Post
    ...I might make a tks file, or when you have done yours you can share it with the forum.
    I surely gonna share it with you guys. Although I 'm quite new to the whole 'midi controller' community and definitely not familiar to the dj effects section...

Thank you for the hint!

Tech Convert

Talking Another Update & Fader Controlled Fx?

Hey again guys,

Made a few changes to that I thought i would share. This is version 1.2 of the mapping.

Changes

1. Shift 3 now switches control from Fx Units 1 & 2 to 3 & 4 (instead of using Shift 2 for Deck C & D control and Fx Units 3 & 4)
    2. Backspin effect disabled (Shift 3 + Jog wheels)
    3. Fader controlled dynamic sweep effect (Fader fx lite? ) using Fx Units 3 & 4 (Fx Units 3 & 4 are now considered secondary/reserved units). This is activated by engaging shift 3 and channel A's volume fader. You will need to assign Fx units 3&4 to the deck you want the effect to be applied to.*

*The dynamic sweep effect is based on this awesome tutorial (just adapted to the Stealth Control)

Possible Change(s)

1. Expand on fader controlled effects
    2. I'm sure I'll think of new things to experiment with

Feel free to check out the tsi file below. That's it for now...I think.
    Last edited by xerosai; 02-11-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Cheers dude - just got hold of a stealth control and tried out the first mapping you posted. Best one yet so far, although i did get confused when trying to enable/disable effects... Will try out the new one and hopefully give some more feedback.

Have you thought of adding a fast track search or skip to next/previous cue point yet?

Thanks again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast