First ever gig,, Playing on Full Nexus 2 system.
    Tech Wizard

Default First ever gig,, Playing on Full Nexus 2 system.

Hey guys!

Now on Wednesday I will be playing my first ever gig. I will use The full nexus 2 system for the gig.

My questions is now do you guys have any tips for me going to my first gig and any tips for my transition from a xdj rx2 to the nexus system. I have watched a lot of tutorial and overview videos of the system and I have been to the club. But if you have any tips I would be glad to hear them. My only worry is the not stacked wavesform but I guess that the new phrasemeter will help me out a lot because it is so similar to the normal ones, What do you think?

It would be great if someone could share some quick tips and tricks.

Best Regards.

Sounds like you're on the right track.

If you use some of the more controller-y "performance features" of the RX2, make sure they'll work the way you expect on the NXS2 or learn to deal with not having them.

The biggest issue, IME, is that monitoring is very different between club sound and a bedroom. But, that's a hurdle you'll have to jump on your own because everybody deals with it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by SefZack View Post
    My only worry is the not stacked wavesform but I guess that the new phrasemeter will help me out a lot because it is so similar to the normal ones, What do you think?

It would be great if someone could share some quick tips and tricks.

Best Regards.

Use some masking tape to cover the waveforms on the RX2. If you cannot manually beatmatch that way - you're not ready for the club IMO. And as mostapha said, the monitoring is very different. I've seen many DJ fully understand the need for over the ear size headphones only when they are faced with a club rig at full force.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

You'll easily adjust to the waveforms not being on top of each other. Good luck and report back how it went!!

Yeah...I don't see the problem with non-stacked waveforms. There's a phase meter that works if your beat grids are set correctly anyway, and even if you're using sync, the last check should be with your ears. It's really not a huge deal.

Tech Wizard

The wave form problem is solved by knowing your tunes. If you can beatmatch by ear and know the tracks back to front. It should not be a puoblem