Scarlet 2i4 and Z1 on Traktor
    Tech Student

Default Scarlet 2i4 and Z1 on Traktor

Hi everyone, need a bit of help making my setup work please!

I have a:

Kontrol Z1 and X1
    Korg Volca Beats
    Scarlett 2i4

Now what I want to do is make the Volca go through the 2i4 into Traktor as a live deck and go out through the Z1 into the monitors, so I can added to my live set.

The thing is as the Z1 is a sound card as well as the 2i4, Traktor does not read the Scarlett 2i4, it reads them both separate so I have the sound of one or the other, I already tried with the ASIO4all but that works with non ASIO machines and the Scarlett is ASIO compatible so it does not show up in the ASIO4all settings.
    I read somewhere that it was really easy to do it in a Mac but! unfortunately I have Windows.

Or the option might be go with the 2i4 into Ableton and then into the Traktor live deck but will everything come out of the Z1? (I have never tried this)

Is there a way to do this?

Really appreciate the help

Thanks!!

Tech Guru

why not just use the 2i4? i can't see how you need both...what might trip you up though is getting audio into traktor as the 2i4 isn't traktor certified

also you may need a traktor scratch license rather than just traktor pro to get audio into traktor
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    why not just use the 2i4? i can't see how you need both...what might trip you up though is getting audio into traktor as the 2i4 isn't traktor certified

also you may need a traktor scratch license rather than just traktor pro to get audio into traktor
    I don't think that's true. You need the Scratch license to get timecode working, but there's still the option to feed a live deck in.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Can you use the Z1 as a control surface only? Sounds like using the 2i4 as your sound card in Traktor is he way to go.

Are you on Mac or PC?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    I don't think that's true. You need the Scratch license to get timecode working, but there's still the option to feed a live deck in.
    You're not wrong.

Traktor Scratch certification is just for timecode. You can use literally any sound card with Traktor as long as you're not using timecode.

AFAIK, there's no good way to use multiple sound cards with Traktor under Windows (which I'm assuming because OP mentioned ASIO).

So, just pick the 2i4 as Traktor's sound card, set the I and O appropriately, and set one of the decks (with inputs set) as a live input, then just use the Z1 as a controller.

You want to use Outs 1-2 as your master (because they can be balanced or unbalanced) and 3-4 as your cue signal and set the switch on the front panel to monitor 3-4, and make sure direct monitor is off.