2nd hand DJM400 mixer? New RMX60? Something else?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default 2nd hand DJM400 mixer? New RMX60? Something else?

I’ve just ordered a pair of XDJ1000mk2s and now I need a mixer. I’ve been looking at 2nd hand DJM400s for around the £200 mark. I’m used to the pioneer ecosystem but not addicted. I do like to use the filters a lot though, so that’s holding me back from the DJM as each channel doesn’t have a dedicated filter knob, it’s tucked away in the FX section. So I’m casting my net wider.

The Reloop RMX 60 looks ok, maybe too cheap at £400? Digital DJ tips review was ok, not glowing but decent. Is the quality good enough?

Anything else I should be looking at for under £400? New or second hand.

Thanks

Reloop make decent enough gear. I'd go for that over an old DJM-400.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Get the RMX60. You will not be dissapointed. Reloop makes super solid gear.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quality for what?

I mean...the answer is that yeah, it's probably quality enough for most things, or at least to not be the limiting factor in very many situations unless you manage to just get a bad one that dies or fraks up for some reason.

Tech Convert

Quality enough for decent recordings, house parties etc. Not club standard, obviously. Maybe I'll give the RMX60 a go. It would be good to get something with a guarantee, should something happen.

Tech Convert

There’s also a bit of me that might leave the players in their box, just in case pioneer change the xdj line up in my favour before/during NAMM. I’ve got a fantastic track record of buying stuff about a month before a company brings out a similarly priced upgrade...

Tech Convert

I bagged an RMX60 for £365, looking forward to giving it a go with the XDJs. Will report back

Nice. Glad to hear back.

Also, didn't the mk2s come out like a year ago?

Is pioneer still on basically 3-4 year upgrade cycle?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Also, didn't the mk2s come out like a year ago?
    Yeah. I wasn’t so much thinking of a new version, more perhaps an 700mk2 maybe that would play nicely with an XP1. Only a little thought in my head. After a first play with the 1000s I think they’ll do just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayle View Post
    Yeah. I wasn’t so much thinking of a new version, more perhaps an 700mk2 maybe that would play nicely with an XP1. Only a little thought in my head. After a first play with the 1000s I think they’ll do just fine!
    I wish there would just be a firmware update to allow it. The software running on the units cannot be that much different between the 1000MK2 and the 1000mk1/700.

I would love to see if anyone has tried to flash the xdj1000mk2 software to an XDJ700 or 1000mk1. I would give it a go, but my luck I would brick a device which I use every other weekend.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast