Updating speakers need advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the EVs are nice ..but learning towards the Peavey system with the bass box ..anyone here used them

Quote Originally Posted by Dj JazzyPete View Post
    4.WHARFEDALE
    Titan 12D & SUB15A 2K Watt Active PA DJ Speaker Sound System Package
    I have the older version of this system (the A version) but 15" tops instead of 12" and 2 of the subs, and they are fantastic. I've played to rooms of 400 people (About 200 on the dance floor) with the full 2 tops 2 sub setup and never had volume problems. I've had many a person come up to me at a gig and tell me how good my system sounds. Had them over 5 years now, still going as strong as the day I bought them, even with being stored in a cold garage all of the time.

If the D versions are anything like the A's, I would have no hesitations in buying them.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Thank s Rob that helps as its a big decision for me .
    Guys with the EVs is there any advantage going to the 15 s rather than the 12s
    and has anyone here used the Peavey Triflex II package
    thanks

if you plan on getting a sub, i would say you dont need a 15, go with a 12

15s will have a lot more low end power when you push them near the limit and you have no sub setup. If you plan on getting subs go with 12s. When you run tops and subs you should do a low pass filter on the tops so it pretty much defeats the purpose of getting 15s over 12s. Plus 12s will take up a lot less space in your vehicle.

I know this probably isn't the right place, and I don't intend to completley hijack the thread....

Why do people think subs are optional? I don't think it matters how big the party is, if the music you're playing has sub-bass in it (like all dance music), you need a sub to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I know this probably isn't the right place, and I don't intend to completley hijack the thread....

Why do people think subs are optional? I don't think it matters how big the party is, if the music you're playing has sub-bass in it (like all dance music), you need a sub to hear it.
    There are a couple of factors I look at when thinking whether I need to use a sub or not;

1. When you do corporate gigs or a wedding ceremony you often have to setup quickly and strike fast in order to make it to the next portion of the event. Going sub-less saves time during setup especially.

2. Not all venues will have room for subs. A tripod takes a smaller footprint.

3. The customers don't have the budget to justify me hauling out a 135lbs subwoofer that I paid 1700 USD shipped. Case and point a person recently contacted me to do sound for 4 hours, provide a DJ and lights for the last 2 yet told me 300 was too much and wants to only pay me 200. So now I have to decide if I only feel like bringing a single 15 top instead of a 12 paired with an 18(the venue is a tiny hall).

4. Noise restrictions. If I can't put out the bass due to noise restrictions I will simply go subless so the the venue managers don't 86 me or tell potential customers that I am difficult to work with. Some venues will even fine the customer. The last thing you want is a wedding party not getting their security deposit back.

Yeah great discussion ...yeah do I go Evs 15 or the peavey system with a sub ?

Thanks for all the advise ..its really helped ..These are right on my budget so its come down to
    1.https://www.soundselect.co.za/peavey...e-sound-system system with sub
    or
    2. 2x https://www.soundselect.co.za/electr...owered-speaker System without sub
    Last edited by Dj JazzyPete; 02-09-2018 at 07:52 PM.

id go with EV's and pick up a sub later

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast