Possible DJ Tool or App - Would like some input

Default Possible DJ Tool or App - Would like some input

I am developing an app to help manage large libraries of songs or audio files. Though it was not developed for DJ's I think it may be of value or interest and I'd appreciate some input to that end. The app will be a batch file processor so it will work on 1, 100 or 10,000 files at once.

Here is a partial list of what the app will do. Let me know if you believe this tool would be use to DJ's.

• Determine the key of songs
    • Determine the tempo (BPM) of songs
    • Determine the loudness of songs
    • Convert songs to specific file formats
    • Normalize volume/Loudness
    • Change Key
    • Change Tempo
    • Rename and append Key and/or tempo to file name
    • Search for songs with specific tempo BPM rate
    • Search for songs with a specific key
    • Repair/replace missing ID3 Tags

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

If you could add a function to find tracks in a collection that have a tempo change in them (transition tracks, for example) I’d buy it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you could add a function to find tracks in a collection that have a tempo change in them (transition tracks, for example) I’d buy it.

Can you expound just a bit?. Am I correct in understanding that you are looking for a way to detect a tempo change within a song? Can you give me a specific example... (provide a YT URL or a song name) that has this tempo change.?

Tx

That's a really good idea; I don't know if the tool you're developing has a waveform display, but you could show tempo change there the way that Mixed in Key shows key changes (e.g. the red waveform is 122 bpm and when it switches to 117 the waveform turns orange). You could even alternate between the two views if you want to see key changes. But I think Patch is asking if you drop 100 songs on the app, it can generate a list of which ones have variable tempos.

And to answer your original question, yes, I'd find something like this useful. How much were you thinking of charging for this app? The thing is most DJs have already purchased a few tools to do these things separately (e.g. Mixed in Key, Fission, etc) so you might consider competitive upgrades as well.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Exactly. I don’t even care if the app can detect and display the different tempos.

As long as it can find the tracks with more than one tempo/tracks with a tempo change, i’d be happy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj