in/decrease a parameter in a specific time

Question in/decrease a parameter in a specific time

to the Traktor mapping pros here,
    do you know a way to increase or decrease a parameter by a pre-defined amount in a specific time (f.e. +32bars or +16bars) by pressing a button?
    I thought about mapping a button which increases the key of a deck from 0 to +12 in 16 bars and another one, which does the same in 32bars. Could be really handy for epic build-up transitions, where you already have the old track in a loop and know that there is a build-up coming by the Track you are about to mix in, which has the length of 16/32 bars, without the need to use a knob. I've seen the opportunity to in/decrease a parameter, but it didn't seem to be in sync with the tempo master
    (sry for bad English)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Deebay View Post
    to the Traktor mapping pros here,
    do you know a way to increase or decrease a parameter by a pre-defined amount in a specific time (f.e. +32bars or +16bars) by pressing a button?
    I thought about mapping a button which increases the key of a deck from 0 to +12 in 16 bars and another one, which does the same in 32bars. Could be really handy for epic build-up transitions, where you already have the old track in a loop and know that there is a build-up coming by the Track you are about to mix in, which has the length of 16/32 bars, without the need to use a knob. I've seen the opportunity to in/decrease a parameter, but it didn't seem to be in sync with the tempo master
    (sry for bad English)
    Hi Deebay,
    by using a virtual midi cable (loopbe, midi patchbay) you can use midi out behavior as modifing input signal in the same mapping.
    you can use a beatphase signal or start manually by button a counting process with modifiers.
    for example: if M1=0 then M1=inc. / if M1=1 then M1=inc./ ......... / if M1=7 then M1=0.
    so M1 will change with every signal (beat). to get longer time sequences use some of the positions as input for a second counter (M2).

do you use win or mac ?

the best way is to use dummy clips in Ableton with sends different morphing signals you can edit before an use this to control your target parameter in Traktor. Tom Cosm shows it very good.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B9Wv8mubG_o

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by earobic View Post
    Hi Deebay,
    by using a virtual midi cable (loopbe, midi patchbay) you can use midi out behavior as modifing input signal in the same mapping.
    you can use a beatphase signal or start manually by button a counting process with modifiers.
    for example: if M1=0 then M1=inc. / if M1=1 then M1=inc./ ......... / if M1=7 then M1=0.
    so M1 will change with every signal (beat). to get longer time sequences use some of the positions as input for a second counter (M2).

do you use win or mac ?

the best way is to use dummy clips in Ableton with sends different morphing signals you can edit before an use this to control your target parameter in Traktor. Tom Cosm shows it very good.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B9Wv8mubG_o
    I use hotloops for this sort of automated actions since it's a lot easier than setting up modifier counter.

-a track comes to the certain point and it activates the loop automatically.
    -the "Is in Active Loop" outputs the signal that you route back in to Traktor and use it to change the value of any command.
    -the same signal also deactivates the loop.