tab, double tab, hold challenge (calling all gurus)
    Tech Convert

Default tab, double tab, hold challenge (calling all gurus)

i would like use one button in three different ways in my mapping:

one tab = action 1
    short double tab = action 2
    hold button 2 sec. = action 3

i just realized it with additional software like "Bomes Miditranslator“, but for sharing my mapping with others it would be better wenn they don’t need to install additional software.

is it possible to realize this by using only the modifiers and a virtual midi cable ?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If you watch this video by Ill Gates...

...starting at 6:34 he was demonstrating interesting mapping technique for fingerdrumming in Ableton. I thought myself immediately can I do this in Traktor... And it was possible with loopmidi! I was able to differentiate a tap, quick tap and hold just like in the video.

I didn't had thought of double taps but it should be possible with quick taps.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If you watch this video by Ill Gates...

...starting at 6:34 he was demonstrating interesting mapping technique for fingerdrumming in Ableton. I thought myself immediately can I do this in Traktor... And it was possible with loopmidi! I was able to differentiate a tap, quick tap and hold just like in the video.

I didn't had thought of double taps but it should be possible with quick taps.
    ok. this is exactly what i mean.
    in the mapping you have to differentiate a tap, quick tap, double tap or hold by the time between pressing and releasing the button. my problem is a way to differentiate this in traktor mapping with modifiers.
    do you have an idea ?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I can't remember, it was long ago and I can't seem to find that mapping anywhere but I know that It's 100% possible.

When I have time I'll try to figure it out again.