Midi fighter 3D - relordbox (possible solution)

Default Midi fighter 3D - relordbox (possible solution)

I am attempting to map my MF3D to relordbox and have hit some limits. I have searched threads and see people are having similiar problems. I know pioneer wants people to use "their" controllers but ihave a question:

Would the answer possibly be as easy as making a quick map for mf 3d and then editing it. By opening the mapping of another controller that has the functions like the the DDj-RZX and plugging in the right comands in the right boxes of the exported MF mapping i just created. Or just modify the CC or other inputs the MF generates into the mapping of the RZX. I no nothing about coding, csv or blah blah. But im willing to tinker till i find a way. I may have already done it. But rekord box is not accepting my modified csv file. Is it because im exporting it wrong from Numbers (on a mac) to csv? I have just saved the file then changed the extension name. Or is there a way to save it as a csv on Numbers on the Mac and rekordbox will read it.

If i can get RB to load the editted mapping of my MF 3D then i would be able to continue to trial and error plug in the cc codes in the different collumns and go until i figure it out.

I am currently trying to map CFX on/off to push knobs on my 3D. Also CFX 3 and 4 dont sound regardless of them being on on the software. I can move the knob for 3 and 4, but the effect is not applied. Regardless of the effect being on. CFX Channel 1 and 2 are mapped and work fine. But it would be nice to map on/off.

Any help is welcome other then its not possible. It should be able to be possible, i just assume the average person doesnt code. I know some people have similair interest in this topic. But it may be as simple as editing the RZX file with mF 3D inputs or am i dreaming?

Jbit
    Jbitretro@gmail.com
    Instagram: @jbitretro

I hope someone can help. I will keep trying and post progress.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Saving then changing the extension won't work at all. You need to click on "File>Export to>CSV" in Numbers since they are willy different formats.

Does it not import the CSV at all or some parameters are chopped? anything that has "RO" noted means it's Rekordbox only hardware (like jogs for example) and it will get trashed as you re-import it. Depending on what you are trying to achieve you might ned to either make Rb think it's certified hardware or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Does it not import the CSV at all or some parameters are chopped? anything that has "RO" noted means it's Rekordbox only hardware (like jogs for example) and it will get trashed as you re-import it. Depending on what you are trying to achieve you might ned to either make Rb think it's certified hardware or something else.

I just caught that ive said 3d when i meant Twister, but in essence im just trying to figure out how to map unmapable functions. Ive got the first bank on the twister controlling: EQ for channel 1 and 2. Also channel volume fader. Tempo range (+-6,+-10, and so on). Ill be maping FX pads and looping, sampler and cues on my MF 3D at some point. Or i may download the current mappings for those functions and edit them to my liking. (Just hope that signals wont clash between the twister and mf 3d. I have twiser as defaut settings, my first 3D on midi channel 3 and my second mf 3D outputing on midi channel 4.)

Currently trying to map the on/of for the color FX 1,2,3,4. Im able to map 1 and 2 parameter knobs, even 3 and 4. But id have to leave the effects on since its not possible to map those. Also 3 and 4 dont sound. Thise functions are RO, but i know there has to be a way.

Im wondering if editing the mapping for the ddj- RZX but typing in the midi fighter output signals intead of the ones the RZX would do the trick. Or would it be easier to change the signals (cc) coming out of the MF Twister to match those of the RZX. Im no coder, but i understand that all this is input output type of stuff. Plugging in the right values in the right places in the language the software has to accept the incoming signal.

Btw. It would be awesome to have a MF turntable. Ive pitched it a couple of times to DJTT but i understand that its not worth the time and money to manufacture. Would be awesome for users like me that would like a complete MF setup. I know new djs think beatmatching is a thing of the past specially since theres quantizing, sync and hot cues and sampling. But some of us that started with vinyls but love midi would still like to Jog. I am using my wego4 for cue and deck functions. I used to have my twister fully mapped for traktor, but not being able to jog always bothered me. Meh.

Byw. Thank you matias (padi_04) for taking the time to respond. #midifighterturntable

Quote Originally Posted by Jbit View Post
    Btw. It would be awesome to have a MF turntable. Ive pitched it a couple of times to DJTT but i understand that its not worth the time and money to manufacture. Would be awesome for users like me that would like a complete MF setup. I know new djs think beatmatching is a thing of the past specially since theres quantizing, sync and hot cues and sampling. But some of us that started with vinyls but love midi would still like to Jog. I am using my wego4 for cue and deck functions. I used to have my twister fully mapped for traktor, but not being able to jog always bothered me. Meh.
    What would you like to see in a turntable like that? Provided they add support (unlikely) or someone nails the mapping the TWELVE is pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    What would you like to see in a turntable like that? Provided they add support (unlikely) or someone nails the mapping the TWELVE is pretty much spot on.
    i had not seen the twelve, it is nice. however i think that a MF turntable would complete the look of a midi fighter set up. not only for the aesthetics, but the reliability comfortability (customizable). the Twister and the 3D already have the ability to map every other function in traktor (since pioneer is being uptight about their mappable parameters). a turntable from you guys would be the only controller i think would be missing in your lineup. even if it was a custom build like shawns MF 64 (which then saw a small production run) i would be willing to buy it. MF controllers are portable and reliable. new controllers will always continue to come out, but the language of midi has and will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbit View Post
    i had not seen the twelve, it is nice. however i think that a MF turntable would complete the look of a midi fighter set up. not only for the aesthetics, but the reliability comfortability (customizable). the Twister and the 3D already have the ability to map every other function in traktor (since pioneer is being uptight about their mappable parameters). a turntable from you guys would be the only controller i think would be missing in your lineup. even if it was a custom build like shawns MF 64 (which then saw a small production run) i would be willing to buy it. MF controllers are portable and reliable. new controllers will always continue to come out, but the language of midi has and will remain the same.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence =)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

What I'd love to see is a midifighter from my avatar :P
    But even more lovely would be a Midifighter with 16 triple-segment displays. Anyone knows if there is anything similar already existing?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    What I'd love to see is a midifighter from my avatar :P
    But even more lovely would be a Midifighter with 16 triple-segment displays. Anyone knows if there is anything similar already existing?

Let's go mechanical