Question about setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Question about setup

First:
    sorry if i write in the wrong forum section.

I've been using from 1 years Rekordbox
    that is very different from Traktor

I have 2 XDJ700 (No Hid mode with traktor) and a xone 23 with a free 'record' exit.

I would like to connect the mixer to traktor for effects by buying a separate one X1mk2. I should buy a Audio 2?

connect a rca - jack cable from the 'record' output to the input of the sound card.
    Connect it to the PC, configure it and then put the usb of the x1.

I would like to clarify that I occupy the monitor output of the mixer and I am indifferent to send the audio from the mixer to the monitors or from the pc to the monitors.

I attach a photo of the setup I would like to do, leaving the two xdj working normally with rekordbox.

do you think you can do?Schermata 2018-01-31 alle 18.20.40.jpg

You'd be better off buying an external effects box than have that franken-setup. Traktor isn't really designed for that sort of FX use, much les the fact your audio won't be affected by anything you do in Traktor with it that way. If you really wanted to use a laptop for effects, I'd get something like the K1/K2, and either run your master out through an audio interface or use the send/return, and run Ableton with an effects rack mapped to the K2. Really, though, at that point, you'll probably be able to pick up a couple of effects pedals or a Pioneer effects unit for cheaper.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

What effects do you want to use?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Do you already have a copy of Traktor? because last time I checked Traktor licence/serial wasn't included with my X1 mk2.

If not, you should definitely get Traktor Audio 2 for the licence and audio interface. For just effects any controller will serve you well as long as it has some mappable rotaries/knobs so if you are looking in to buying a controller strictly for FX control than maybe check out the Twisted Gratification mapping.

But as Dan already stated here, you'd be better of buying external FX unit with that setup.

Why would you buy another interface, if you already own 2 XDJs?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    What effects do you want to use?
    Especially delay and reverb.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    Why would you buy another interface, if you already own 2 XDJs?
    Only for the effects... I was thinking about the RMX1000... But it cost like 1 xdj.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You'd be better off buying an external effects box than have that franken-setup. Traktor isn't really designed for that sort of FX use, much les the fact your audio won't be affected by anything you do in Traktor with it that way. If you really wanted to use a laptop for effects, I'd get something like the K1/K2, and either run your master out through an audio interface or use the send/return, and run Ableton with an effects rack mapped to the K2. Really, though, at that point, you'll probably be able to pick up a couple of effects pedals or a Pioneer effects unit for cheaper.
    I have a little akai lpd8, i made a mapping for effect on rekorbox. If i want to connect the mixer to ableton i need to go from the send/out to the soundcard and go to the pc?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Do you already have a copy of Traktor? because last time I checked Traktor licence/serial wasn't included with my X1 mk2.

If not, you should definitely get Traktor Audio 2 for the licence and audio interface. For just effects any controller will serve you well as long as it has some mappable rotaries/knobs so if you are looking in to buying a controller strictly for FX control than maybe check out the Twisted Gratification mapping.

But as Dan already stated here, you'd be better of buying external FX unit with that setup.
    External fx unit like guitar pedals on send/return? It will work with the xone 23?

Quote Originally Posted by emanuele View Post
    External fx unit like guitar pedals on send/return? It will work with the xone 23?
    The 23 has send/return, I believe. You could buy a delay pedal and reverb pedal from Boss for £200 ish.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast