Mixfader - Send MIDI Signals from Android Companion App to Win10

Default Mixfader - Send MIDI Signals from Android Companion App to Win10

Hi

Mixfader have a Windows App but it does not currently support MIDI output (Mac equivalent apparently does). I'm told Windows MIDI protocol is on the roadmap but I can see that Phase is going to get more airtime atm. I am/was wanting a simple crossfader to work alongside Xone K2.

There's a few Android Apps pushing MIDI info into Traktor, VirtualDJ and the like. I've tried these (rtpMIDI, MIDILE, MidiHub, loopMIDI, etc) with not much success. Has anyone got a foolproof way to push information across? Steps to activate would be great. Bluetooth LE or USB? Even IOS ... I'd consider using wife's iPad to get up and running.

My hope is to use the Mixfader Companion App's MIDI protocol to push MIDI signals into Win 10 then map appropriately.

Thanks in advance.

I have used windows app and it's not good. I also have all the iOS apps edjing Pro and Mix and the Mixfader app and none of them seem to have any midi control that I've seen.

The only thing I can think of is that the Mixfader app allows you to map the fader to a different CC etc but the control of the apps is only through the Mixfader which I don't think is actually midi but I would have to look at the SDK to see how it works. The iOS apps don't allow external midi control and don't work with Audiobus so I am thinking that the windows version is similar. I stopped using it a while back due to the crashing and stuck with iOS...

I may be wrong though but I think that's the way it works... The Mixfader app with a few midi mapped cue and FX buttons would be awesome but I can't find a way to do it. The only thing I can think of is that the Djay Pro app has been mapped to work with the fader and also other controllers too which I think is the same for iOS as Mac OS and maybe windows?

Edit: I think I may have missed something but are you wanting to get the Mixfader itself to control windows software or the windows app? The Mixfader should work with any Bluetooth LE compatible devices. Is it just the app to change the midi settings that you are wanting? The android version will run on a windows running android x86 or something like an emulator and then you can use it to change your settings then run windows again...
    Last edited by gubigubi; 02-01-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Maybe misunderstood

Thanks for the detail mate

The android version will run on a windows running android x86 or something like an emulator and then you can use it to change your settings then run windows again...
    I've been finding that the Android emulators are not allowing Bluetooth connections ... do you know one that does?

Essentially I am looking to map Mixfader MIDI output to control Windows software like VirtualDJ, Traktor etc.

Cheers