Anyone upgraded to Live 10 yet?

Default Anyone upgraded to Live 10 yet?

Any pitfalls or experiences? I'm not seeing any notices about potential incompatibility.

Running OS X 10.13.2 on a Hackintosh and currently downloading.

Also, just because I haven't done this in a long time (I think 5 was the last version I used before a few weeks ago), should I expect the versions to install next to each other or will Live 10 overwrite Live 9?

ill Gates posted something about installing Live 9 next to Live 8 and it completely decimating his sample library. I think he was asking if anyone had done a side by side install of 10 & 9.

Definitely worth being wary...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    ill Gates posted something about installing Live 9 next to Live 8 and it completely decimating his sample library. I think he was asking if anyone had done a side by side install of 10 & 9.

K.

I don't expect problems, but I think I've been scarred from Pro Tools updates in the past. I'm downloading it now, and we'll see if I actually bother installing it or wait a bit longer.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

As usual, make sure you have a proper backup beforehand

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Any pitfalls or experiences? I'm not seeing any notices about potential incompatibility.

Running OS X 10.13.2 on a Hackintosh and currently downloading.

Also, just because I haven't done this in a long time (I think 5 was the last version I used before a few weeks ago), should I expect the versions to install next to each other or will Live 10 overwrite Live 9?
    I upgraded from Live 9 Standard to Live 10. It led to glitches and artefacts due heavy CPU. After installing Live 10 my CPU is ranging around 30% in idle (no tracks or anything playing). Increasing buffer size to the max won't help. With Live 9 I had no trouble at all.

I have reported a ticket to Ableton they replying that this product is still in early development and Live 10 is "bit" more CPU hog. Ableton recommended that I should do a clean instal and reset - will do it later, hopefully it will help. Otherwise this product is not yet stable enough for actual use unfortunately (at least with my short experience).

BR, Mac user with High Sierra, Mid 2014 16GB RAM and using 48khz / 24bit