Thinking of selling my traktor gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Thinking of selling my traktor gear

Iv been using x1mk2s pretty much since there release and frankly im growing tired of them and want a change.

I have been toying with the idea of taking a huge backwards step and getting 2 or 3 cdj1000mk3 or 800mk2 and mixing semi ol skool with mp3s

The main reason why im thinking of this is my laptop is dying and im really sick of wave forms and having all the info of my tracks at a glance.( i guess i want to start using my ears more)

Should i do it??? I do play out maybe twice a month and i love the 2000nexus setups, but i feel i can grow as a dj if my bedroom set up is semi ol skool.
    Id love too start spinning vinyl but with a houseloan and 3 kids cant realy afford it.

So please tell me if im mad and give me some pros and cons(burning cds does not faze me) for either going semi ol skool or biting the bullet and getting 2000s

Get ready to burn a shit tonne of CDs.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Why not get a pioneer controller and use Rekordbox DJ? push the laptop to one side and just use the controller. You could even go one better and get an XDJRX so no laptop needed.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Why not get a pioneer controller and use Rekordbox DJ? push the laptop to one side and just use the controller. You could even go one better and get an XDJRX so no laptop needed.
    +1

Personally the RX as its standalone - or you might get a deal on 900's

There is a sense of more restriction = more freedom when you are playing with a basic 2 deck setup. You aren't always searching for the effects or next hot cue and sets breathe better.

I would not go back to burning cd's though. Oldskool is only cool when its vinyl.

I highly recommend a pair of Pioneer CDJ 850s , they won't break the bank, not overly packed with all the bells and whistles but just enough. Obviously have the CD section but then you have the choice of using USBs. Also if you decide you want to get back on the Traktor train they have a pretty decent midi TSI available. Although using them in HID mode on Rekordbox DJ is the preferred method. Highly recommend.

The 900's are pretty good. I've had mine for sale for over a month, but no one is biting.

Tech Wizard

Hmmmm i forgot about the 850s might have to look into them.

Thanks for the input

Tech Wizard

+1 on the 850's! I had them for a few years. Not that expensive, rekordbox analyzed tracks on USB sticks, but just the basics while mixing. Even little things like bpm only showing one decimal forces you to use your ears more to keep mixes tight. Plus, like previously said, they are super tight in HID with RekordboxDJ if you decide to go back to the software route. I would image the 900s will give you the same experience with couple extra perks. They're linkable/Prolinkable, and probably feel a bit higher end then the 850s.

I actually started on a Traktor S4 & then sold all my Traktor stuff (X1, etc) & bit the bullet n bought CDJ 850's (second hand at a VERY good price from another DJTT member) & a brand new DJM 850 (on sale so I got it for $1200 out the door I think). My CDJs got covered by the price of my Traktor gear & shelling out the 1.2k wasn't bad as the price on the DJM was something I was okay with. I don't play out often & when I do there usually are 2k's available but I think it was the single best thing i've done since starting to DJ - switching to the 850s. I have had my 850 for years now & I absolutely love practicing with them!

id look into the xdj700s over cdj850s. they are bascially the same price but get a lot more functionality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast