Is S2 MK2 a good buy at this point?

Default Is S2 MK2 a good buy at this point?

I’m looking to get myself a 2 channel mixer with a small footprint that’ll fit into a backpack. I’m using Traktor Pro 2, so my first thought was of course the S2 MK2. I had an S4 MK1 a while back, and know I’ll be missing out on a few extra features, but I just need something smaller. I almost never use the the sampler, and I control effects with a Midi Fighter classic so I don’t think I’d be in need of the S4’s extra features.

My question is, would it be worth buying an S2 at this time? I know the MK2 version has been around for a while now, I’d think maybe a new updated version is coming soon?

The only other controller that caught my attention in this size range was the MC4000. Wondering if this would be a better buy in the long run.

Cheers!

There appears to be no way to predict when NI is releasing new Traktor gear. But, NAMM just passed and they had nothing.

Plus, if the S2 does what you want it to do, who really cares if it's the absolute newest thing?

It’s not so much having the newest thing. More along the lines of if there were an “mk3” coming soon maybe there’s a possibility it’d have some update that’s nice to have at around the same price point/Form factor from NI. For example, seperate dedicated filter and gain knobs. Also there’s the possibilty of the MK2 dropping in price when something new came out.

You do have a good point though, nothing mentioned at NAMM so I wouldn’t hold out. A shared filter/gain knob isn’t a deal breaker either. Thanks for the response.