Vci-100Se VS NS7 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Well bear in mind, any impressions of the DX are purely from an analytical stand point being as its not released yet, for more information I recommend looking up the Xone DX video on YouTube. The price point is also about equal to the NS7, about $1299 when it's released.

The big thing which can be said for certain however is what Karlos said, the jog wheels arent as nice as the VCI-100SE, the pressure sensitivity feature (Im almost certain) was removed in favor of a four way click jog wheel as featured on the 1D, 2D, 3D, and 4D. Cool for additional MIDI mapping, bad for overall emulation control. If Im wrong in this, by all means, someone correct me.

My best advice is don't really sacrifice too much scratch capability even though you will be doing traditional style club mixing. Somewhat close vinyl control is really nice for general fluidity and pin point track navigation. This is purely on my past experiences with other controllers though

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Well bear in mind, any impressions of the DX are purely from an analytical stand point being as its not released yet
    Mine arent.
    When i say the DX works amazingly well with Traktor its because i "know" it does.

Just a clarification... carry on.

Tech Guru

Ahh right, you're in England, doesn't Allen & Heath release demo products way in advance over there?. Christ Im missing out

well, just sold my ns7 for $950. i'm gonna buy an arcade edition and traktor pro. i really hated itch. sorry dont mean to slam it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    well, just sold my ns7 for $950. i'm gonna buy an arcade edition and traktor pro. i really hated itch. sorry dont mean to slam it.
    What didn't you like about Itch specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Ahh right, you're in England, doesn't Allen & Heath release demo products way in advance over there?. Christ Im missing out
    No mate, theres another reason but to be honest it doesnt matter its just the point that i wanted to make. I think many people assume that the DX is just for Itch like the NS7 and it really isnt.

I imagine that many people who get the DX will try Itch and then try Traktor Demo and buy Traktor . Of course im biased towards Traktor and have a vested interest but from what ive seen the new Itch will be good but not be a match for Traktor.

lack of fx, 2 decks (on the ns7), no midi mapping, didnt really like the soundcard (a slight hiss, maybe it was just me), its friggin huge! (at first i really liked the form factor, but after carrying it out, pshhh!), i was jealous of traktor which probably didnt help
    the fx controllers that have come out arent nearly as good as the built in fx in traktor

in retrospect, i made a poor purchase. i had researched every aspect of dj gear before i invested but i had my sights set on being a scratch/turntablist guy.

the serato and ableton team up seemed like it would solve some of my problems, but i figured that traktor has those problems out of the way without ableton. i'd much rather route traktor into ableton if i really want to use it as a massive sample/fx machine.

dj techtools offers great support that serato just doesnt. soz.

ummmmmmmmmmmm, i also hated SSL guys calling my ns7 a toy while in public lol. ssl guys are really stubborn/pig headed. =DDDD not all, just some =DDDD

ummmmmmmmmmmm, i also hated SSL guys calling my ns7 a toy while in public lol. ssl guys are really stubborn/pig headed. =DDDD not all, just some =DDDD
    SERIOUSLY ???

Are those guys still pissing in their shoes about everything other than SSL?
    I thought those guys had stopped crying.
    And hating about a product made by their own chosen software company, it beggars belief.

My Serato friends are all cool with controllerists but i guess theres still some dinosaurs out there.

Tech Guru

i also hated SSL guys calling my ns7 a toy while in public lol. ssl guys are really stubborn/pig headed. =DDDD not all, just some =DDDD
    No, they're pretty full of themselves. I'd venture a guess that 90% of the SSL enthusiasts I've bumped into are hardcore vinyl purists who think that MIDI is the musical apocalypse that will engulf mankind.

Fun story: a vinyl shop owner who throws gigs refused to adhere to a booking he made with me because he realized I used CD's. Rather or not he had CD decks available at my disposal is of little excuse (I owned CDJ-1000 MK3 which I could have brought if he needed me to), but he basically went on this rant that digital is destroying DJ culture, and how I'm a problem lol. He also states that people who use a laptop as a part of their performance are "as interesting as watching a dog take a shit" lol. Ironic too, guess what SSL requires to function?, yeah, a laptop.

Quite frankly, he was just sore that his record shop got it's ass handed to him by Beatport. Never saw the guy again lol.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    SERIOUSLY ???

Are those guys still pissing in their shoes about everything other than SSL?
    I thought those guys had stopped crying.
    And hating about a product made by their own chosen software company, it beggars belief.

My Serato friends are all cool with controllerists but i guess theres still some dinosaurs out there.
    Dude I envy you, I have yet to come across an SSL user that embraces any form of forward thinking technology lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast