Allen & Heath Xone PX5 or Xone 92?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Allen & Heath Xone PX5 or Xone 92?

Hello everyone, I'm searching for a new mixer for set-up which consists of 2 CDJ 900s, 1 Technics turntable, a Scarlett 6i6 interface, and Traktor Scratch. Does anyone have experience with either of these mixers? If so, how's the build and audio quality of each? Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Hi there! Personally I own Xone DB:2 which I am trying to sell to get PX5. Related to your question I have a friend who has similar setup as yours (without Scarlet). He just upgraded from 92 to PX5 and has been very happy to PX5. Personally I would go with PX5 as its their newest model.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by jiggysaw View Post
    Hi there! Personally I own Xone DB:2 which I am trying to sell to get PX5. Related to your question I have a friend who has similar setup as yours (without Scarlet). He just upgraded from 92 to PX5 and has been very happy to PX5. Personally I would go with PX5 as its their newest model.
    Thanks for your input. I'm going to test the PX5 sometime this week.

PX5 is Traktor certified.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

With your setup get the PX5, TSP certified and newer tech
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

As others have said the PX5 is scratch certified so you can use DVs out of the box with it. I don't know where the scarlett interface fits into your setup, I can't see any need to have it.

Seeing the recommendations for the PX5 it's probably worth pointing out that as well as gaining a TSP certified interface built in you do lose some stuff compared to the 92. Mainly the 4 band EQ, 1 filter and 1 send/return channel.

The things you lose by picking the PX5 over the 92 are things that the vast majority of people can live without, however there are a select few where the 2 independent send/returns and 4 band EQ are a must have
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

I have the PX5 and LOVE it!! In fact, I think it sounds better than the 92.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    I have the PX5 and LOVE it!! In fact, I think it sounds better than the 92.
    Nice. How long have you had it for? Any issues?

I've had it since July....no issues thus far.

Okay, so it doesn't have 4 eq pots, 2 filters, or 2 aux channels w' faders, but that
    doesn't mean it's a bad mixer.

The I/O is just astounding, imo. I have (2) CDJs, (2) Techs, (1) K2 controlling Ableton/Traktor
    which are running via the on-board soundcard. I just purchased a Teil1 Keinedelay to run through
    the send/return. I also ordered a Bozure Isolator that will run through the Insert channel. While I'm
    not particularly fond of the on-board Delay EFX (a little too metallic for my taste), I am absolutely in love
    w' the on-board Reverb EFX. Hence, the reason I bought the Teil1 Keinedelay. There's also the luxury of
    playing the on-board EFX at the same time as the external EFX, if you so wished. I also LOVE the fact that
    I can use the crossfader as a wet/dry pot for the EFX. Having that soundcard built in just makes connecting
    everything so much easier/cleaner! Occasionally, I hook up my Korg Minilogue and use the PX5's MIDI Clock
    to keep everything on time. Other notables are the clarity of the level meters, the EQ resolution is super clean,
    and the button/knob placement is clean....doesn't feel crowded to me.

Don't listen to the naysayers, this is a DOPE mixer! That said, I would prefer a hybrid
    of the 92 & PX5, but w' (2) on-board soundcards like Pioneer & Rane have. That would
    be one helluva' mixer! So long as it sounded more like the PX5, not the 92. The PX5's
    sound quality is just so much warmer....especially with vinyl!

Come on, A&H, give us the mixer to rule them all.
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Tech Convert

Awesome! I'm excited to try it out this weekend. My PX5 just arrived today. I'd eventually like to also have a used, original UK-made Xone 92 at some point. I've seen many complaints about the newer model of the 92.
    Last edited by cxhannah; 02-23-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast