Added a 2nd Xone:K2 to Traktor setup, duplicating mapping for 2nd K2
    Tech Student

Question Added a 2nd Xone:K2 to Traktor setup, duplicating mapping for 2nd K2

I have been DJing using a Macbook running Traktor, controlled by a single Allen & Heath Xone:K2. I created my own mapping for 2 decks with 2 effects that has everything I need for mixing with 2 decks (A and B). I just purchased a second Xone:K2 with the intention of simply adding another 2 decks (C and D) in Traktor to be controlled by the new second K2 the same way decks A and B are by the first K2.

Is it possible to to simply copy the mapping from K2 1 to K2 2 and switch all instances of "Deck A/B" to "Deck C/D"? I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Use Xtreme Mapping if you are on Mac or Cmdr editor if you are on PC. Just ensure to set your K2's in Different Midichannels if you use "ALL PORTS" setting.

Like Stewe says, + make sure you also change corresponding instances of DeckA/B in the Condition1/2 Columns.

And DON'T line up the K2s with cable. connect each one seperately via usb. If you line them up, they'll both have the same MIDI channel (if i am not mistake. can't check with only a single k2).

What's the 'state' of Cmdr editor? Is it bug free?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    What's the 'state' of Cmdr editor? Is it bug free?
    It is excellent. Not a single crash with latest version.