How to modify mapping to use 4/8/16/32 beat jump on DDJ-SX using Traktor?

Default How to modify mapping to use 4/8/16/32 beat jump on DDJ-SX using Traktor?

Hardware: Pioneer DDJ-SX
    Software: Traktor Pro 2.x

I followed the instructions on Pioneer's website and installed the Traktor mapping file, and have the basics working like cues, FX ...
    Couple of things I still can't figure out:
    • How to setup beat jump (maybe using the parameter button mapping) to 4,8,16,32 beats?
    • Can sound effects like horn, siren, glass smash ...be added and triggered using the sound pads? If yes, how?

Any help please.

New to DJing, but been using Traktor hardware and software all along...and now made the hardware switch to Pioneer, but still used to Traktor for the software front.

Thank you.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedjvjay View Post
    Hardware: Pioneer DDJ-SX
    Software: Traktor Pro 2.x

I followed the instructions on Pioneer's website and installed the Traktor mapping file, and have the basics working like cues, FX ...
    Couple of things I still can't figure out:
    • How to setup beat jump (maybe using the parameter button mapping) to 4,8,16,32 beats?
    • Can sound effects like horn, siren, glass smash ...be added and triggered using the sound pads? If yes, how?

Any help please.

New to DJing, but been using Traktor hardware and software all along...and now made the hardware switch to Pioneer, but still used to Traktor for the software front.

Thank you.
    (thread moved to Controller Mappings sub-forum)

What you want to do is delete any currently mapped commands to your PAR buttons and then go ahead and add and map beatjumps.

Add In\Deck Common\Move\Beatjump

Tech Wizard

please consider my latest SX2 mapping:

I do beatjump on the regular loop buttons with a second shift button (=the deck number button itself).
    please see at 13:20 for a demo:
    Gear: DDJ-1000, DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX2, Akai AMX. Laptop: Dell XPS 15
    Mappings for all this gear: https://my.djtechtools.com/users/830428