Vibration audio dropout issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    The problem is doing that for every gig. If you're a resident, you can get away with it. If you don't play that often, you probably don't have the clout. And, well, the sound guys in clubs have a lot of different goals pulling them in different directions. I agree, it's just flat out wrong. But, it's also really common, at least where I've been.

Something not all that big/heavy/obtrusive that you can bring seems preferable for a lot of people, even if you don't use it that much.

For a while, I had those inflatable turntable pillow things in my record bag (proabbly still have them somewhere). Flat out saved at least one pop-up gig where the only real alternative was to switch to an iPod or something. I've also run home to get my iso-acoustics speaker stands to put CDJs on after somebody thought it was an okay idea to use subwoofer cabinets as table legs...it didn't work great, but the jog wheels stopped vibrating.

When you're dealing with rampant incompetence, anything you can do is worth it, even if it's not ideal.
    Thats insane that you guys run into it so often. Luckily, I have only had it happen once. In that instance, it was "Thank you for the deposit and hotel, but Im not playing on that setup tonight."

#TurntableLife
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    I use electrical tape from the laptop case over the USB plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Note the tape.
    Noted, cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Instead of looking for a short term solution, schedule a meeting with the sound tech. Explain the issue in detail.

TBH this is a super horrible way to setup sound period. Not only will that interfere with small electronics, it will effect jog wheels, loosen screws, etcetera. Not to mention making turntables complete unusable.
    There wasn't a sound tech guy at all, and I doubt they'd care really. Was more just looking to avoid having the same issue in the future in a similar situation.

$2 roll of tape. Even the big boys use it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    $2 roll of tape. Even the big boys use it.
    Or throw a tantrum, diss the setup on the mic, storm off the stage and refuse to play because the setup was shite ... seen that one from the big boys too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12