Serato with denon X1800
    Tech Wizard

Default Serato with denon X1800

Hi Guys,

I have a denon sc5000 and X1800 mixer and a technics 1200 mk2 turntable. Since they are not compatible with Traktor (unless I use a audio interface). I would like to use it directly with Serato software.

My question is, can I connect this up with Serato using the usb interface on the X1800 and to be able to use timecode vinyl with it.

Thanks

Yes. You will need to purchase Club Kit pack for Serato (standalone SDJ licence + DVS add-on). Serato decks that you want to control from SC5000 will need to be set to INT mode, while for timecode control they will need to be set to ABS or REL.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Thanks for reply. I thought with my mixer I wouldn't need a DVS add on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo12 View Post
    Thanks for reply. I thought with my mixer I wouldn't need a DVS add on?
    If you don't intend to use timecode you don't need DVS. But, from what I've heard, without DVS add on a single SC5000's cannot control all 4 decks in Serato. Why? Have no idea.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Hi,

Are you familiar with the Sc5000 at all, I'm finding it quite difficult to beat match on it. I use the sync and master, also try to do it manually, but keeps going out off time. I even tried it with a loop on each song with same bpm. Im used to mixing with vinyl, but using this i thought would be easier. Also the pitch doesn't work immediately when loading or changing songs.

Any suggestions

Tech Wizard

I'm using just the one sc5000 to beat match 2 tracks on. I can only think perhaps the song changes tempo on its own, but that doesn't make sense or maybe the beat grid is off. Not sure though, but it's proving difficult to keep it in time

Tech Wizard

The same 2 songs sync perfectly on Traktor and do not go off beat. Doing it on the SC5000 goes off beat when it's synced and even when its done manually. I haven't experienced anything like this. I thought the sync button on the sc5000 would work the same as on traktor. If not, then doing it manually is fine. I've made a 1 minute video, showing you the problem im experiencing. It's possible to keep it in time, by constantly adjusting the pitch and wheel, but then you can't use the mixer as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxfW...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo12 View Post
    The same 2 songs sync perfectly on Traktor and do not go off beat. Doing it on the SC5000 goes off beat when it's synced and even when its done manually. I haven't experienced anything like this. I thought the sync button on the sc5000 would work the same as on traktor. If not, then doing it manually is fine. I've made a 1 minute video, showing you the problem im experiencing. It's possible to keep it in time, by constantly adjusting the pitch and wheel, but then you can't use the mixer as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxfW...ature=youtu.be

Mine go off beat also. This is what I did to make it work better.
    1 turn off vinyl mode
    2 turn off quantize

Works so much better for me.