Video streaming cable
    Tech Convert

Default Video streaming cable

im wanting to video streaming from my traktor z2 through my samsung s6.
    after reading loads and watch a number of youtube videos im still strugglin to get the audio through the cable to the smart phone video.
    Ive tried with a rode sc4 cable connect to an rca which is then connected to the traktor z2 booth output. This as not worked. Im not sure if this rode cable is compatible with android either.
    Please can someone help as for something that seemed so simply im having no joy.

Thanks

Unless I'm mistaken, the phone only has a mono mic level input, and that's what the rode cable would be using....far enough from ideal for coming off a z2 that it would basically be unworkable even if you got a signal.

Steinberg, Akai, Apogee, and probably other people make audio interfaces for iOS devices that would work. But, I'm not aware of anything for Android.

If the software/app you're using for streaming supports audio input and you have an audio interface lying around, it might be worth picking up a USB-OTG adatper to just plug in that audio interface and see if it works. But, I'm not sure I'd hold my breath.

If I had a USB-C interface (which my android phone uses), I'd be happy to try it so you don't have to spend money...but I don't have a USB-C interface. So...maybe someone else would be willing if they've upgraded recently.

Tech Convert

thanks for the response. ill try do more digging regards this.
    thanks

I got a Bandlab Link Audio just yesterday to try and use for live streaming. I do engineering for a small band on Thursday nights and sometimes they stream to facebook live so I decided to pick up the interface to try out with them and maybe try live streaming my sets. The one I have has a single TRS/XLR combo jack so I can only do mono signals at the moment. They got an interface coming out with dual inputs but I don't know if it will be stereo over the TRRS cable that is used to hookup the interface to the phone.

We use Wirecast on the PC. The audio comes through a NI Komplete 6 and both webcams are logitech C920's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I think he is looking for a solution to stream from a phone/tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I think he is looking for a solution to stream from a phone/tablet.
    In that case, an Irig2 will do just fine, but the signal is gonna be mono.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6