Implementing Traktor and F1 with CDJ setup

Default Implementing Traktor and F1 with CDJ setup

Hi everyone,

I want to incorporate my F1 into a CDJ/DJM setup at a gig coming saturday. I want to control Traktor decks A+B with the CDJs and control remix decks C+D with the F1. We'll have a DJM900 and CDJs 2000. I'm not sure if they are nexuses or not.

A.) I read the article about using the CDJS in HID mode with the soundcard aggregator program, but it seems like it won't be possible to use the F1 as deck C then.

B.) I also found out you can use the soundcard in de DJM and it will map decks A-D to channels 1-4 on the DJM, but it seems like then I can't use the CDJs as control surfaces.

Now I cannot imagine this hasn't been figured out, can anyone shed some light? Is there an option C that I'm missing or does one of the above wirings support adding the F1 to control remix decks after all?

Default Looks like I've answered my own question

So it seems if I connect both CDJs AND the DJM all to Traktor as well as the F1, I can easily control decks A+B with the CDJs in HID Mode while controlling Deck C+D with the F1, and using the DJM's soundcard for the whole situation.

Lucky I decided not to be stingy when I bought my USB hub

Anyone who can confirm that this will work?

In the 30 minutes between your posts you could have tried it!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    In the 30 minutes between your posts you could have tried it!
    Thank you, but if I would have had access to the Pioneer gear ahead of Saturday I wouldn't have had to even go and post anything at all

Yes it will work, it can sometimes be a bit fiddly to set up but there are plenty of guides around showing how to do it.

I would recommend testing it out early before you're supposed to play if you can, then leave the USB hub in place and just connect your laptop up when it's time to play
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2