Mapping for Pioneer DDJ SB3 for Traktor - URGENT - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Done with the adjustments! Also mapped is upper pads row (pad1 to pad4) of Deck A and Deck B Fade Fx pages which is now the Beatmasher effect. Note that this mode uses FX Unit 3 and you can apply the Beatmasher to only one Deck at a time. If this pad fx concept works we could chose which of available effects should be included in the layout and maybe map all eight pads.

SB3_Traktor_v0.1.1.zip

Hope it works

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Done with the adjustments! Also mapped is upper pads row (pad1 to pad4) of Deck A and Deck B Fade Fx pages which is now the Beatmasher effect. Note that this mode uses FX Unit 3 and you can apply the Beatmasher to only one Deck at a time. If this pad fx concept works we could chose which of available effects should be included in the layout and maybe map all eight pads.

SB3_Traktor_v0.1.1.zip

Hope it works
    Thanks a lot for your work Stewe, my controller was not recognized anymore by the program yesterday (don't know why) Today i will try to reinstall it and i will test the new mapping version
    thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by dmarcelob View Post
    Thanks a lot for your work Stewe, my controller was not recognized anymore by the program yesterday (don't know why) Today i will try to reinstall it and i will test the new mapping version
    thanks again for your help
    Glad to help out when ever the mappings for Traktor are not available!

Let me know what you find.

Tech Convert

Glad to help out when ever the mappings for Traktor are not available!

Let me know what you find.
    Hello,
    Yesterday i was testing the mapping, and we are really close!
    The only problem was the jogwheel, it looked to heavy/ less sensitive, the auto-loop didn't work, and the efects buttons were mapped for the wrong button.
    Everything else is now perfect.
    Thanks a lot

Hello,
    Yesterday i was testing the mapping, and we are really close!
    The only problem was the jogwheel, it looked to heavy/ less sensitive, the auto-loop didn't work, and the efects buttons were mapped for the wrong button.
    Everything else is now perfect.
    Thanks a lot
    Alright - moving on! Here is what I could do for this version:

-fixed jogwheels (please test them with and without the 'vinyl' button)
    -added looping (autoloop, dec/inc the size)
    -fixed effect on buttons (Button 1 is "button#1" if group fx mode and "UnitON" if a single fx mode)

SB3_Traktor_v0.1.2.zip

I assume that Pad Fx worked out fine?

Cheers,

Tech Convert

Alright - moving on! Here is what I could do for this version:

-fixed jogwheels (please test them with and without the 'vinyl' button)
    -added looping (autoloop, dec/inc the size)
    -fixed effect on buttons (Button 1 is "button#1" if group fx mode and "UnitON" if a single fx mode)

SB3_Traktor_v0.1.2.zip

I assume that Pad Fx worked out fine?

Cheers,

Stewe, it's working now, i can use the controller next week, thank you so much!

Talking about the pads (fx fader, and fx scratch), i don't need them, but they were working better on the original DDJ RB mapping, you can take from there to be perfect mapping.
    The hot cue pads are perfect.

Everything is fine by me, but if you want to have a 100% mapping, just fix those Fader and scratch and you can upload the file to the community.
    Thanks again, if you need me to test something just say
    Cheers

Tech Convert

Great mapping already Stewe, cheers for your time. As mentioned, the Scratch effects seem off, the controller does the motion, but it ends up generally pushing forward more than pulling back so you edge away from the beat it was scratching. I have little use for this but it might be easily fixed for others knowing this part... Also, the effect knob is just doing wet/dry currently, I guess it might be best also controlling the amount of all 3 effects at the same time and just letting us set the wet/dry to how we want it... Both are definitely useful ways of controlling the effects but both limited due to lack of additional knobs. Personal preference means I'll just redo the knob myself as I'm sure many others find it more useful as wet/dry...

Personally I did pick it up to have the option of a 4 deck setup though so I'll have to continue with 2 for now at least, or move to Serato for a while (have a full license anyway so could do easily)

Again, cheers for the hard work

Thanks a lot Guys for your great feedback on the mapping!

Talking about the pads (fx fader, and fx scratch), i don't need them, but they were working better on the original DDJ RB mapping, you can take from there to be perfect mapping.
    I just did a double check the provided mapping for RB and there were no commands involved for PadFX and PadScratch pages. That is why I mapped the Insta Beatmashers. If you manage to find correct file I could look in to add those two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Also, the effect knob is just doing wet/dry currently, I guess it might be best also controlling the amount of all 3 effects at the same time and just letting us set the wet/dry to how we want it... Both are definitely useful ways of controlling the effects but both limited due to lack of additional knobs. Personal preference means I'll just redo the knob myself as I'm sure many others find it more useful as wet/dry...
    I absolutely agree - I will change this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Personally I did pick it up to have the option of a 4 deck setup though so I'll have to continue with 2 for now at least
    Once we have complete two deck mapping we can look in to adding more decks.

Hey Guys, I made some additions and attached the new version. If you can think of anything else that could be useful to you just let me know. This is what I got:

-Added Loop Move function. If loop is active you can hold down Shift and press the Loop Size buttons to move that loop around the track based on your loop size value. And when Deck isn't looping, you can perform a Beatjump in the same way (Shift+Size).

-Added Deck Master Selector function. (Shift+Sync)

-Remapped FX knob. Instead of controlling Dry/Wet you can now adjust all three parameters at once.

-Added Dry/Wet control. (Shift+Jog Nudge)

SB3_Traktor_v0.1.3.zip

Just one quick question for you guys - does the tempo fader has a center de-tent?

Cheers,

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot Guys for your great feedback on the mapping!

I just did a double check the provided mapping for RB and there were no commands involved for PadFX and PadScratch pages. That is why I mapped the Insta Beatmashers. If you manage to find correct file I could look in to add those two pages.

I absolutely agree - I will change this!

Once we have complete two deck mapping we can look in to adding more decks.
    Heading to work shortly so can't test today's version yet, but I have a feeling that the scratch is automated from the controller and not the software. It still does the same patterns but the amount of each direction seems to be out a little which means it pushes forward more than back. It also tries to go to a random but constant cue point, I can't figure out how it picks, but it will only go to that cue once picked even if I have 8 at.

Keeping this in mind, it's quite possible that they did similar with the fader effects. Press toggles, hold toggles and applies a filter (the volume fader is automated so perhaps the effect part is the only midi signal that needs mapping?).

I'm sure I can find a program to report back what midi signals are being sent out tonight as I recall there were such programs to capture it back when I first got a vci 100 so I'll let you know what it reports to the computer...

Cheers

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast