Building an automation Rig

Default Building an automation Rig

Good Morning all,

I am emailing with regards to setting up my own midi controller. I have no elecrical experience, and I'm not a DJ, however I would like to have a wider array of assignable knobs to Automation track I make in CUBASE.

I want to build a rig of my own, but mainly as a controller for DAW automation. I use VST instrument plugins like Avatar, The qyooo, FB-3300, Tyrel N6, etc. etc. . Basically ones with MIDI mappable functions I can assign and get my hands off the mouse pad. a lot of these require more knobs than the four used in the demonstration video, and I would like to be able to have more than just 4 controls to assign.

I can build up the framework myself, but I want to set it up only with chroma cap knobs as opposed to that AND potentiometers (slide faders) and arcade buttons. But I'm not sure if the teensy board is enough to program a larg array of controller knobs, so I wanted to ask if there are other motherboard options out there for larger transport rigs and if so, what specifically I could consider.
    Last edited by topman20000; 03-23-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: clarity

The easiest brain to go with is the Livid Brain Jr. No soldering is needed, so you can change out buttons, faders, knobs, and encoders as you learn more and develop your idea.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    The easiest brain to go with is the Livid Brain Jr. No soldering is needed, so you can change out buttons, faders, knobs, and encoders as you learn more and develop your idea.
    Okay. I'll check them out and get back if I have any more questions👍🏻