Old schooler needs a recommendation - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    For your budget, I'd recommend the DDJ-1000. It's standalone, and similar to your current setup. If you want to stick with Traktor, you could get the S8 and run timecode with your 12x0s and CDJs. S8 comes with full Traktor Scratch, including the records/CDs.

EDIT: and you'd have some cash spare to expand your setup with something like a drum machine or Maschine Jam...
    DDJ-1000 is made for rekordbox until someone makes a Traktor mapping for it. IF Pioneer decides to release an official Traktor mapping, I can't see that happening for at least 6-12months since they are pushing rekordbox DJ pretty hard. The mixer is stand alone so you could plug the CDJs in.

Tech Mentor

Any chance DJTT is getting the DDJ 1000 in stock?

At $1200, you could spring for Denon DJ MCX8000 if you use Serato. I know not a lot of people love Denon but I've found it to be pretty good for "serious-casual" players

At a lower budget, check out Reloop Terminal Mix8 and Numark NVII. The latter is slightly outdated but still a classic

Tech Mentor

Hey guys, had the unit a few days now. I'm wonder; is there a better way to keep rekord box library organized? Is iTunes the best way or just using rekord box itself?

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Using rekordbox would be the best way to keep it organised if you only use that. Read that iTuned and Rekordbox don't play nice together compared to Serato/Traktor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123