How would you leverage this equipment in a dj setting
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default How would you leverage this equipment in a dj setting

    I know this is dependent on what you want to do but Iím relatively new at trying to do things outside of the typical all in one controller route. Iím not looking to take this in a club anytime soon - mostly we just play within groups of friends - so itís fine to do things a bit unconventionally.

    Hereís what Iím working with at the moment - Reloop Rp-8000
    -xone 4d
    -ableton push 2
    -xone k2
    (Ableton and serato)

    I am thinking that I would set-up the reloop solo on serato with the xone 4d (yes, I know itís a waste of it for now) and setup on the k2 and push together on ableton via the link, mostly playing with stems - any better ideas? I donít have a lot of interest in mixing multiple vinyl tracks together right now but still want to mix in vinyl with some ďliveĒ stuff on ableton for fun.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Push + K2 feels like overkill to me. Maybe just learn to use one REALLY well before you introduce the other?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  3. #3

    Default

    the only way i see any of this working is if you switch to traktor. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better for what you are trying to do imo. serato has shit for loop control and effects (for what you are trying to do). try these out. and take a look at pretty much every other DJTT video if you haven't already


  4. #4

    Default

    I think I might do just that... thanks for all those videos. If I switch to Traktor, I am assuming I can use be xone 4d in both ableton and tractor (mapping different midi to each) - or am I off ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckisanart View Post
    I think I might do just that... thanks for all those videos. If I switch to Traktor, I am assuming I can use be xone 4d in both ableton and tractor (mapping different midi to each) - or am I off ?
    correct

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    middletown
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    the only way i see any of this working is if you switch to traktor. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better for what you are trying to do imo. serato has shit for loop control and effects (for what you are trying to do). try these out. and take a look at pretty much every other DJTT video if you haven't already

    I don't get the "tape on the record" trick - how does this cause it to loop so perfectly? Isn't this bad for the needle? Cool trick, just have no idea how it works.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru astromech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aradralami View Post
    I don't get the "tape on the record" trick - how does this cause it to loop so perfectly? Isn't this bad for the needle? Cool trick, just have no idea how it works.
    The tape causes the needle to jump back to the start fo the loop when it runs into it.
    A&H Xone:62 | 2 x NI Kontrol X1 MK2 | 2 x 1210s | TSP2 | Audio 10 | Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Ableton Push
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •