Help setting up/routing playDifferently Model 1 to use with Traktor

Default Help setting up/routing playDifferently Model 1 to use with Traktor

Hi djtt community! I am new here and to the art of dj'ing. I've always had an interest in production and dj'ing, and finally quit my job to do just that.

Anyway, I'm going to get down to it. I very recently put together my dj'ing rig: it is a playDifferently Model 1 Analog Mixer, two Traktor Kontrol D2's, Traktor Pro 2. I bought 3 db-25 to db-25 cables, and have them going into a Universal Audio Apollo 16. When I open Traktor, do the quick setup and set an external mixer, I am unable to use the Model 1 for mixing. The tracks play out of the D2's but there are no signals going through the mixer. Do I need to route the channels through UA's Console App? Or is there a way to route those outputs in Traktor's setting's?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice! Will post pics once everything is up and running.

1. Go to Traktor Preferences > Audio Setup and you should be able to select the UA Apollo 16 as the audio device.
    2. Go to Output Routing, set the mixing mode to External and configure the outputs as you want.
    3. Go to Input Routing and configure the inputs as you want.

I assume that LINE OUT 1-8 and LINE OUT 9-16 on the interface are connected to DSUB IN 1 and DSUB IN 2 on the mixer? And DSUB OUT is going back into LINE IN 1-8?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    1. Go to Traktor Preferences > Audio Setup and you should be able to select the UA Apollo 16 as the audio device.
    2. Go to Output Routing, set the mixing mode to External and configure the outputs as you want.
    3. Go to Input Routing and configure the inputs as you want.

I assume that LINE OUT 1-8 and LINE OUT 9-16 on the interface are connected to DSUB IN 1 and DSUB IN 2 on the mixer? And DSUB OUT is going back into LINE IN 1-8?
    That's correct Erik. Now that I've got some feedback, I tried to open Traktor and go into preferences. As soon as I click the Audio setup button, Traktor crashes. Here is the error I am getting now from Traktor.

Crashed Thread: 45 com.apple.audio.IOThread.client

There's more to that, but this is the file that is causing Traktor to crash. Any advice to troubleshoot this?

UPDATE: I got Traktor running now without crashing! I spoke to a rep from UA about routing in the UA console settings, and got a sort of layout for the ins and outs that should be routing from my mixer to the Apollo 16 through UA's Console software. Now, I opened up Traktor Pro 2, have my mixer and decks turned on, and still, nothing going through my mixer. No audio either. I have my interface selected in the audio setup page and have configured the outputs there, to the analog outputs of the UA console engine. Still, no information or sound passing through the mixer. Please help!
    Last edited by tonediggity; 04-11-2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: UPDATE:

I think this is the very definition of 'running before you can walk'.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Can you post screenshots of the UA console app (with routing visible) and Traktor's Audio setup screens?

man i wish i could quit my job and buy a model1

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 12.10.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 12.09.40 PM.jpg

Got it up and running guys. I had to route the outputs to the first 8 analog inputs of the Apollo, and link them to stereo, giving me 4 stereo channels for 4 decks. Deck A is running into Stereo channel 1(Analog Line 1+2, and so forth). Channel outputs are all set to Monitor and now I am getting signals through the mixer. I spent an hour on the phone with a rep from ua as well as a rep from Allen and heath. They both didn't exactly know how to route it so I spent some time tweaking things around in ua's Console until I got it right. Going to work on routing channels 5+6 into Ableton for some reverb and delay effects next.

Thanks for the help and feedback.