Native Instruments Traktor Beta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Native Instruments Traktor Beta

Gonna be diving in once I get out of the office today. Will post any finds etcetera in this thread. Who else is or has been diving into the beta? What have you noticed? How is the CDJ integration?

....on a side note, realized there is no traktor section under software, so not sure if this is in the right section.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

All good. Checked out the changes. Am more than happy with 2.1.1 for the time being.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Seems the added features are in-line with what the people have been whispering around, that NI will open up it's ecosystem. I suspect other manufacturers will be added to the list soon after (Denon?).
    Will Pioneer CDJ's/mixers require a firmware update to work with this new features?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I downloaded last night. After popping it open in FRHED, it looks like only the listed hardware has currently been added. I would love to see the Denon Prime mixer added (since it currently does not work with either Serato or Traktor currently). I did notice a huge drop in CPU load. So far I have ran it with my DJM 750 MK2 and an Audio 4. (sold my audio 10 almost a year ago now).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I did notice a huge drop in CPU load.
    You have my attention ..
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You have my attention ..
    I will have to get my hands on another pair of D2's to do a true comparison (looks like all the screen caps I have from previous versions were with D2's in use), but my CPU load bar hasnt even gone up past a quarter yet where it use to go past half while using DVS and effects.

Hex Hack no longer works for Mixars Duo MK2 and Rane SL3

I found that the filter knobs on the Kontrol S5 and S8 are now internally mapped to "FX adjust" instead of "filter adjust". This implies you may be able to swap out each channel filter for a different effect in the future.

Additionally, here are some of the VIP features found in 2.11.3:

Elastique 3

Looks like they're experimenting with a new version of the Elastique time stretching / pitch shifting algorithm.

Deck Link

All the references point to the ability to link decks, but it's not clear in what way they would be linked.

Video Bridge

There is only one reference to this (or video in general), so it's not clear what it would bridge with.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 04-24-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Elastique 3

Looks like they're experimenting with a new version of the Elastique time stretching / pitch shifting algorithm.
    Same one used in Denon's SC5000 player if I remember correctly. Impressive stuff. That will fix one of my biggest complaints with Traktor.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    I found that the filter knobs on the Kontrol S5 and S8 are now internally mapped to "FX adjust" instead of "filter adjust". This implies you may be able to swap out each channel filter for a different effect in the future.

Additionally, here are some of the VIP features found in 2.11.3:

Elastique 3

Deck Link

All the references point to the ability to link decks, but it's not clear in what way they would be linked.

Video Bridge

There is only one reference to this (or video in general), so it's not clear what it would bridge with.
    Where did you hear about this?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast