LAUNCHPAD mapping 4 decks 4 traktor (w/ leds) - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

@dj4niq

ok cool, sounds like your half way there. Bummer you had to re-learn the midi notes, i was really hoping that the midi notes from my launchpad were the same as yours, however, not a problem. The toughest part is knowing how to do this in the first place.

For your particular problem regarding LED feedback, the fix should be simple. For the purposes of this example, lets focus on the "A" Deck. (This corresponds to the A-launchpad.tsi file i have in my original posting)

For this example, we'll map out one of the hotcue LED's on the "A" deck...

1. Open up Controller-Manager in traktor's preferences
    2. Make sure "A-launchpad - Gerenic Midi" is selected from the "Device" drop down.
    3. In the "Assignment table", look for "Select/Set-Store Hotcue" and make a note of which midi note it's mapped to according to your setup. On mine, its midi note "Ch01.Note.C-1"
    4. Now in the "Assignment Table" look for "Hotcue1 State"
    5. Enter the midi note you have from step 3. (On mine its "Ch01.Note.C-1")
    6. Load a track into Deck A.

The LED should be on at this point because all the other settings (besides the actual midi note) have already been set via my mapping file (should be the same as well). You will have to do this for all the "Outs" in the midi assignment table because you have re-learned the midi notes for your particular launchpad.

Hope this helps, let me know if it does/doesn't and we'll go from there.
    Last edited by misterMigz; 12-14-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: clarification

Tech Convert

@dj4niq:

Here's another example for you....

For this, we'll focus on the "A" Deck again. We'll focus on "Play/Pause" function to keep things simple.

So here are some steps to follow:
    1. In traktor, open up Preferences.
    2. goto Controller Manager and make sure "A-launchpad - Generic Midi" is selected in the device drop down.
    3. In the "Assignment Table", selected "Play/Pause" which you had done to re-learn the midi note. Remember the midi note you mapped for play/pause since you're going to need it next.
    4. Now, in the "Assignment Table", there should be an entry for "Play/Pause" for midi out. Click on that and make sure it has the same midi note as step 3. If it doesn't, change it.

i've learned for the most part that for every MIDI IN that you have in which you want some sort of feedback (mostly LED feedback) there should be a corresponding MIDI OUT. They should also be mapped to the same note in most cases.

Anyhow, the steps above are just for the Play/Pause function/button. You will need to do this for all the "OUTS" in your assignment table since you had to 're-learn' the midi notes according to your launchpad. As for any other settings on the midi outs, the only thing you should have to do is map the midi notes, all other settings should stay the same as per my mapping file as i don't think those change.

Also, on some occasions, the changes are not instant, so in order to see what you're doing, you should reload Deck A with a new track or touch the buttons to see if they are responding. After all this time i've noticed that there are still some buggy things between launchpad and traktor. I would assume that most problems fall upon the launchpad's side because its new and mostly intended to work with ableton, but as more people use launchpad for other things, the hardware/firmware should also progress.

Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't.
    Last edited by misterMigz; 12-15-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: corrections

Tech Student

Default No led feedback>!! For me

Well my friend i did all the hot cues on deck A and also on deck B and traktor responses to it but there itīs still not led feedback in my launchpad. i relearn everthing but no lighting!!!
    helppp
    S.O.S

Tech Convert

Wow, excellent job.

I made a similiar stuff but using Automap, and it is pretty stupid to load Automap if you can do it without.

I was wondering how to change the led color, and you answered my question with those TSI ...

I will go on further dev with my own version (which use vertical layout) using the same techniques from your TSI

thanks !
    Last edited by trz303; 12-16-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Tech Convert

@trz303 :

Thanks a lot!!! glad i was able to help you with your setup and glad to hear that your going to take it further. I was thinking of vertical layout but ended with what i have. I definitely would like to see what you come up with. So when you have something going, please share with! And definitely, if you don't need automap, don't use it, it just creates extra processing cycles on your machine...

thanks! signed up to the forum specifically for this template! works great except for some reason my hot cues are permanently lit up like in your hotcue states picture. but everything works fine. anyway. im going to try and ad to this. possibly using the arrow keys at the top of the launchpad for browsing tracks and user 1 and user 2 to load deck a/b. currently i am only using decks a/b from your template id like to set up some of the other buttons as pitch up/down and bend. or maybe keep the four decks and lose four of the hot cues. anyway thanks for the template!

i will try to post revised version in here to share if i get it done!

Tech Convert

@pipedreams:

Hey! glad it worked great for you. Every now and then i get some LED issues like that, but if i start touching the buttons they seem to snap back to normal. Not sure what's going on, but still think launchpad has a couple issues "resetting" itself sometimes. Looking forward to what you come up with! thanks again for checking it out!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by misterMigz View Post
    @trz303 :

Thanks a lot!!! glad i was able to help you with your setup and glad to hear that your going to take it further. I was thinking of vertical layout but ended with what i have. I definitely would like to see what you come up with. So when you have something going, please share with! And definitely, if you don't need automap, don't use it, it just creates extra processing cycles on your machine...

Yep, I found a way to create a SHIFT button (like on a computer keyboard) so you'll get twice more functions with the same knobs ... pretty wild !

I will post my TSI as soon as it's finished. With all those coloured LEDs it looks very nice.

BTW I still have no clue on how to "enable" the light-blinking function of the LaunchPad, but will try to find it ....

Tech Convert

@trz303 :

Hey! awesome. Yea sounds like you added some modifiers, and for sure, with all the different combinations, you can get crazy wild. Nice job. BTW, i found out how to do the blinking LEDS ). I had to find a way, sometimes when i have all 4 decks loaded with trax, its hard for me to tell which ones are playing w/o constantly looking at the screen. So i found a way to make the LEDS blink to the beat of the music, works great and now i know which decks are playing just by looking at the launchpad ).

So here's what you do:

1. First find out which LED(s) you want to make blink
    2. Note down their midi note from the assignment table
    3. Add new midi out: "Add Out Drop down -> Output -> Beat Phase Monitor"
    4. Assign the midi note(s) you got from step 2. You actually have to add 1 new out for every LED you want to blink.

You can even play around with the MIN/MAX for Controller-Range to get some cool combinations. To blink on/off or one color to another, make sure you set your Controller-Range to 0.0000000 and 0.10000000.

Let me know if that works for you.

Tech Convert

Wow, just tried it and it works great !

Thanks !!!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast