Budget 4 Channel Mixer with DVS/Timecode Support - Dennon 1600/1700?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Budget 4 Channel Mixer with DVS/Timecode Support - Dennon 1600/1700?

Hi there,

Newbie to the forum (Hi all!) I've been reading a few mixer comparison threads on here and thought I'd post my dilemma - in the hope that someone could throw a bit of advice my way.

I've recently got back into using turntables (I used to just use VDJ with an external mixer to mess around). I'm looking for a 4 channel mixer with an internal soundcard for DVS/Timecode support. I've been buying a fair bit of vinyl so I want the mixer to be stand alone with some decent effects with the ability to also use traktor/Serato and map functions to the mixer (I've never done this). I play techno.

I've not got a lot of cash, I'm looking at around the £500 quid mark unless I save more. I've seen the Allen & Heath DB2 at around this price and also the Dennon DX1600/1700. A pioneer is out of my price range at present for what I'd want (850/900 etc). I currently have a Xone 23. I don't mind it but I just find it a bit lacking, effects wise and I don't like the way the rotarys easily come off and the crossfader has far too much nothingness each side of the bite.

So... Do the Dennon's still stack up and work with Traktor? I've got a 64bit windows lappy that I would be using. What is the fader like on the DB2? Is it generally a decent mixer? Any other suggestions what I could look at?

Any help greatly appreciated...

I believe the DJM750MK2 is getting support. I may have read wrong but it is a pioneer around the same price.
    ADDED Scratch certification for DJM mixers
    The following DJM mixers can now be used for DVS and automaticallyconfigures the input and output channels:

DJM-TOUR1
    DJM-750
    DJM-750 MK2
    DJM-450
    DJM-250 MK2
    http://djtechtools.com/2018/04/18/tr...nes-info-sync/
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

I love the sound quality and features of the 1700, but cannot speak to its DVS support.

DVS works fine with the 1700 but keep in mind Denon no longer supports this mixer or the 1600. The internal sound card no longer works with the most recent OS for Mac. I'm not sure about windows. That said the 1700 is a beast of a mixer with nice but limited effects and great filters x2. Sound quality is superb too.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    DVS works fine with the 1700 but keep in mind Denon no longer supports this mixer or the 1600. The internal sound card no longer works with the most recent OS for Mac. I'm not sure about windows. That said the 1700 is a beast of a mixer with nice but limited effects and great filters x2. Sound quality is superb too.
    ASIO works fine in Windows that I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    ASIO works fine in Windows that I can tell.
    Cheers for the comments guys. I mainly wanted to make sure the latest updates for Traktor/Serato platforms were still working with the current drivers. I take it my issue here is that subsequent software updates may deem the mixer useless with DVS with it being discontinued and not supported...

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    I believe the DJM750MK2 is getting support. I may have read wrong but it is a pioneer around the same price.
    ADDED Scratch certification for DJM mixers
    The following DJM mixers can now be used for DVS and automaticallyconfigures the input and output channels:

DJM-TOUR1
    DJM-750
    DJM-750 MK2
    DJM-450
    DJM-250 MK2
    http://djtechtools.com/2018/04/18/tr...nes-info-sync/
    I'm looking for 4 channels really so the 250/450 are out the equation. The others are a little out of my price range ATM, but I could always wait another month or two... Cheers for the info tho buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by technofiend1981 View Post
    Cheers for the comments guys. I mainly wanted to make sure the latest updates for Traktor/Serato platforms were still working with the current drivers. I take it my issue here is that subsequent software updates may deem the mixer useless with DVS with it being discontinued and not supported...
    Since both X1600 and X1700 got 64bit ASIO drivers for windows you can rest assure you will be able to use them in 64-bit Traktor as long as Win10 remains relevant. So a long time. MacOS is a different story, CoreAudio support is broken despite them being core audio compliant and will remain so it seems.

DJM-750 is a long way behind both of them in terms of sound and build quality (some of the stiffest faders I ever had the displeasure of working). But, Pioneer FX's for some people remain a must have.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Since both X1600 and X1700 got 64bit ASIO drivers for windows you can rest assure you will be able to use them in 64-bit Traktor as long as Win10 remains relevant. So a long time. MacOS is a different story, CoreAudio support is broken despite them being core audio compliant and will remain so it seems.

DJM-750 is a long way behind both of them in terms of sound and build quality (some of the stiffest faders I ever had the displeasure of working). But, Pioneer FX's for some people remain a must have.
    The effects are great to use for most mixing and are performance ready. No need to fiddle about the parameters too much and some effects are harder to use on other mixers or just dont exist. Like the roll effect on the djm line make it easy while traktor you pretty much need flux mode for it

Re: your cross-fader, and as an interim fix, Google "Credit Card Mod". It's a mechanical fix that allows you to remove the dead-space from each side of the cross fader to improve your cut-in time.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast