Budget 4 Channel Mixer with DVS/Timecode Support - Dennon 1600/1700? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Re: your cross-fader, and as an interim fix, Google "Credit Card Mod". It's a mechanical fix that allows you to remove the dead-space from each side of the cross fader to improve your cut-in time.
    I asked this here http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=95280
    Anyone knows? Should be much cheaper than innofaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    The effects are great to use for most mixing and are performance ready. No need to fiddle about the parameters too much and some effects are harder to use on other mixers or just dont exist. Like the roll effect on the djm line make it easy while traktor you pretty much need flux mode for it
    Let me translate that.
    "most mixing" = EDM or similar
    "performance ready" = lazy new DJ's can quickly learn how to use it and apply
    "no need to fiddle about the parameters too much" = it's not like you want to sound unique
    "some effects are harder to use on other mixers or just dont exist" = something that every other brand user can say also

Of course, I am kidding. Ease of use is definitely an important category and Pioneer made it their priority (combined with other features) while others ignored it. But I wouldn't want manufacturers to stick to that path all the time.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Let me translate that.
    "most mixing" = EDM or similar
    "performance ready" = lazy new DJ's can quickly learn how to use it and apply
    "no need to fiddle about the parameters too much" = it's not like you want to sound unique
    "some effects are harder to use on other mixers or just dont exist" = something that every other brand user can say also

Of course, I am kidding. Ease of use is definitely an important category and Pioneer made it their priority (combined with other features) while others ignored it. But I wouldn't want manufacturers to stick to that path all the time.
    For sure not all companies need to. Nice to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    For sure not all companies need to. Nice to have options.
    Anyone used the DB2 i can pick that up for 500 quid and use that with Serato. Anyone had any experience with that? Build quality? The effects processors look quite enjoyable from what I've seen on youtube. However I'm thinking if I can pick this up for 500 quid compared to other A&HS is there a reason why it seems cheap?

I had my eye on a DN x1700 which has now gone, there's a 1600 available though. Still a good buy?

Quote Originally Posted by technofiend1981 View Post
    Anyone used the DB2 i can pick that up for 500 quid and use that with Serato. Anyone had any experience with that? Build quality? The effects processors look quite enjoyable from what I've seen on youtube. However I'm thinking if I can pick this up for 500 quid compared to other A&HS is there a reason why it seems cheap?

I had my eye on a DN x1700 which has now gone, there's a 1600 available though. Still a good buy?
    I absolutely LOVE the DB2 and you will too. 500 is a super good deal for the mixer as well. Keep in mind that you will need to either subscribe to or purchase Serato DVS upgrade to use Serato with the DB2/4 mixers.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I absolutely LOVE the DB2 and you will too. 500 is a super good deal for the mixer as well. Keep in mind that you will need to either subscribe to or purchase Serato DVS upgrade to use Serato with the DB2/4 mixers.
    I may take a punt on that then, the effects engines seem great to play with. What's the cut in on the crossfader like? I've got the xone 23 and there is a big waste of space either side of the fader. What are the rotarys like they seem to come off quite easily on the 23.

Quote Originally Posted by technofiend1981 View Post
    I may take a punt on that then, the effects engines seem great to play with. What's the cut in on the crossfader like? I've got the xone 23 and there is a big waste of space either side of the fader. What are the rotarys like they seem to come off quite easily on the 23.
    The knobs stay on pretty damn well. It was actually a pain in the butt to replace mine with chroma caps. The cut in is pretty long (at 2 mm), but the credit card mod does work on the fader. It is also innofader compatible.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12