MFT Is there a way to have different brightness for On / Off
    Tech Convert

Default MFT Is there a way to have different brightness for On / Off

Hi everyone !
    Sorry, if this question have already an answer, but i wasn't able to found one...

Is there a way to have, let's say :
    - Green Brightness at value 64 for Off Color
    - Green Brightness at value 127 for On Color ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey VadimV,

MFTW allows you to control RGB brightness but its velocity value is fixed to a certain range (17-47 for RGB). So if you send value of 64 or 127 on the Animations Channel you will end up controlling Ring Indicator (64) and RGB Rainbow effect (127).

Which software are you working with and which controls are involved?

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe
    Thanks so much for your kind answer.

Yeah, i'm aware of this brightness range.
    I can specify with Ableton the brightness of a RGB by sending to it the specified Midi Message.
    But i can't find how to be more specific and "distribute" the brightness over the On / Off state of the button.

I'm mainly using MFTW with Ableton and Remotify for the Remote Script.

My goal would be :

- Use only Remote script (no direct assignation with Apple + M) ;
    - And, instead of having two colors for On / Off (green & blue for example), i would prefer have only one color for On / Off but at two different brightness (mid or low brightness for Off position / full brightness for On position).

To be more precise, i feel the addition of a new color for the On state a bit confusing. For example, i'd like my 8 top buttons control 8 macros of one Device. These 8 buttons are blue on Off Mode. But i would like them to stay blue on On mode but at a higher brightness.

I hope it will be a bit clearer...
    Thanks for your help (& much love to DJTT for this incredible piece of controller
    Last edited by VadimV; 05-04-2018 at 02:18 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think this might be a limitation of the Remotify app itself.
    To be honest I don't own the app so I watched some Youtube videos and from the looks if it there is a value slot in each command.
    Perhaps you can map multiple commands/functions to a single MIDI Note?? If that is possible that this mapping should be easy as makong two input commands for ON and OFF and give them respective values for each of two button states.