Simple explaining MIDI mapping please
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default Simple explaining MIDI mapping please

    Hello , I am new to this forum and top working with controllers , but if bin a dj for over 25 years ....

    I resently bought myself a DENON MC6000 MK2 to work with my computer and music program ( Ultramixxer ).

    The Ultra mixxer has a standerd mapping ready to use for my Denon , but i am missing some stuff to make things a lot better ( easyer ) .
    The Ultramixxer program comes with a "sort of " program to write your own mapping ..

    But i can not find a desend discription of how to see the basic of mapping MIDI .

    So a simple question : Can sombody explain in simple words how it works ...

    On Youtube there are lots of examples about programming , but not explaining the basics ...

    I have a EXCEL sheet from the DENON mc6000 MK2 , this reases alroudy enough questions for me....

    Greetings Mark

  2. #2
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIDI
    Posts
    7,238

    Default

    I'm downloading it right now

    Edit:

    Damn. It's a script editor - no wonder that there are no many tutorials for mapping Ultramixer...
    Last edited by Stewe; 05-10-2018 at 07:23 PM.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default

    so,

    And what is it ... ( in normal languese )

    Greetings Mark

  4. #4
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIDI
    Posts
    7,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markiemark303 View Post
    so,

    And what is it ... ( in normal languese )

    Greetings Mark
    It means that there is no basic 1:1 mapping interface where you can simple enable "MIDI Learn" than click on a command in GUI (or add it manually) and finally press a button/knob to assign controls which is common procedure with Traktor, VDJ and Serato for example. Ultramixer uses a programming language so mapping a controller inside that software requires learning to code. Not many people have those kind of skills and that's why you couldn't find any useful tutorial available already.

    Have you already asked for support in their Forums?

    Best,

  5. #5
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    DJ Decks used to have a text mapping system. Once you learn the language, it’s actually a rather intuitive way of doing it. I’d even go as far as to say Mapping like that was actually enjoyable..
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yes Stewe,

    I am on there forum and ask around .. But i think the same problem acure there .. first of all Ultramixxer is not the biggest program in the world , then it's hoping sombody ( or more people ) are jusing it together with Denon mc6000 MK2 , and then to find sombody that did some tweaking by himself for that controller ...

    But i can off course ask for sombody that alraidy can explain just a litlle bit more about the Ultramixxer code ...
    I think just the basic that they juse will do .. ( the way Ultramixxer is explaining it , sorry , i do not get that at all )

    Greetings and thanks for now

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    It means that there is no basic 1:1 mapping interface where you can simple enable "MIDI Learn" than click on a command in GUI (or add it manually) and finally press a button/knob to assign controls which is common procedure with Traktor, VDJ and Serato for example. Ultramixer uses a programming language so mapping a controller inside that software requires learning to code. Not many people have those kind of skills and that's why you couldn't find any useful tutorial available already.

    Have you already asked for support in their Forums?

    Best,
    That sucks... custom mapping is essential for a versatile software.. i thought the problem was the denom when i start reading.. well i never used ultramixxer software but most software i've used in the past has some mapping facilities. Even FL studio has a great tool for mapping called "last tweaked" and let's you map in 2 steps.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatsbooster View Post
    That sucks... custom mapping is essential for a versatile software.. i thought the problem was the denom when i start reading.. well i never used ultramixxer software but most software i've used in the past has some mapping facilities. Even FL studio has a great tool for mapping called "last tweaked" and let's you map in 2 steps.
    Dear mr beatsbooster ,

    The Ultramixxer has also a tool for mapping and the have a sort of tutoriul on the website to explain how it works...

    The problem is that the explanation as the tell it , is just to complicated to understand ...

    Greetings Mark and thanks for the help so far

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •