Upgrading from CDJ 1000s

Default Upgrading from CDJ 1000s

Hi,

This is my first post

I've had a pair of CJ 1000s for 8 years, and I'm sick and tired of burning CDs! So I'd like to upgrade to Pioneers that take USB, and preferably compatible with rekordbox. I'm quite out of the loop on the different models, so I'd welcome any advice on which to go for!

My budget is £1000 (absolute max) for a second hand pair. I'm very happy with my Allen & Heath mixer, and I also play vinyl, so an all in one set up like the XDJ-RX isn't really suitable for me.

I've been looking at the 700. Does anyone have experience of using them? The jog-wheel is smaller, but does this make a big difference? I've also looked at the 850, which looks more like a traditional CDJ, but I think they are lot older.

Any advice on what to go for would be really helpful!

Thank you,

Chris

If you are buying new, go with the 700's. I owned em and kept em in my bag to use as third and fourth decks for quite a while They are amazing for the price.

Otherwise, you cannot go wrong with a second hand set of XDJ1000's (either the MK1 or MK2).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

xdj700s are definitely under rated. i own 3 and i love them

Thank you both for the advice

700s it is!

Tech Wizard

Just my 2c - the XDJ-700s are definitely awesome bits of gear.

But be aware it's gonna be a much smaller physical size of unit than what you're used to (jog wheels, everything). If that's no factor for you, then XDJ-700s are perfect.

Tech Wizard

Looks like I'm a little late on this but I was just going to say that I have played on XDJ-700s and the smaller jog wheel didn't bother me too much. It's a little weird at first but you get used to it no problem...