PROMOTEUS mapping for JAM control of TRAKTOR PRO - heard of it?

Question PROMOTEUS mapping for JAM control of TRAKTOR PRO - heard of it?

Hi
    I recently got a MASCHINE JAM because I wanted to link it to my KONTROL S5 to give me the extra functionality that I'd have had if I'd got the S8 - for me, a no-brainer as the JAM costs less than the additional cost of the S8 with the addition of MASCHINE software and currently, a nice promotion for a bunch of expansions too (thanks NI).
    I've tried GiantSpaceRobot's mapping that's available here on DJTT (total respect to you, dude), kind of got it to work and may well persevere.
    In the meantime, I also found this YouTube vid:
    https://youtu.be/kQoZIMHNpwM. It's posted by an Australian company, CMI Music & Audio and it raves about the mapping they'd found from www.PROMOTEUS.org.
    It looked pretty exhaustive so I've grabbed a copy (AIO3) and will now spend some time getting to know it.
    Even so - has anyone else heard of this mapping? Used it? Loved it? Hated it?! Why...?
    Cheers for any responses!
    Niggles

Tech Convert

I'm also interested about it! I would like to map effects and remix decs with visual feedback... Like main controller I have S2 mk2.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    I'm also interested about it! I would like to map effects and remix decs with visual feedback... Like main controller I have S2 mk2.
    It is possible to map everything else except for the Slot Gain, Slot Pitch and sample cell colors... (maybe there's more)

You can still MIDI map any prefered color to any of Cell States (empty, loaded, playing) to match your sample kit via the MIDI Range min/max values but if you edit the cell color they will not update/match your cell colors of your Remix Deck. NI keeps it exclusive to dedicated Traktor controllers.

Tech Convert

Thank you so much! I have bougt this mapping... some more instructions on how to use it (better description of the functions) will be appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
    Thank you so much! I have bougt this mapping... some more instructions on how to use it (better description of the functions) will be appreciate.
    Are you on PC or Mac mate? I'm asking because there are some LED feedback issues with Jam + PC that could be applicable to slot VU-meter thing.

Tech Convert

Mac since 2007

Then you are all set