new firmware

Thread: new firmware

Default new firmware

I bought a vci-100 in May of '07, and have not been thrilled with the way the stock jogwheels operate (the whole ramp up issue). It's a great piece of kit, just a bit flawed in this area... to remedy the problems i suck felt pads below the jogs to give them a little resistance, seems to work ok...

so i was psyched when i heard about the new firmware (1.2), and letdown when i found out I had to take my unit into a Vestax Service Center.

Lucky for me i have 2 service centers within 30 miles... Ha, yeah right...

When called up, both service shops had no info on the firmware update, or the cables Vestax was supposed to supply for the update. Both said they would get back to me... that of course never happened. this was 4 months ago....

Last week I called them, same response...

I thought a local GC might have the cables, being a dealer of vestax, but no dice...

The Vestax Forums are overtaken by spambots, and when it wasn't (many months ago), the vestax reps weren't very forthcoming with information about this subject...

what can i do? I feel a bit shafted about this whole firmware ordeal, especially being an early adoptor of the unit...

I've thought about many a time selling mine on ebay for a loss and buying a new one, but all i really want is a simple firmware update... i didnt think it would be this difficult...

Vestax no longer operates as a business. The controller is 11 years old. Regardless of how great the hardware is, I think that ship has sailed.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by mohammadbaldwin121 View Post
    what can i do? I feel a bit shafted about this whole firmware ordeal, especially being an early adoptor of the unit...

I've thought about many a time selling mine on ebay for a loss and buying a new one, but all i really want is a simple firmware update... i didnt think it would be this difficult...
    Sell yours on eBay and pick up another secondhand unit with the firmware already installed if you REALLY want one that bad.

But yeah, as happydan said, 11 year old DJ hardware from a company that hasn't existed for four of them ......

https://store.djtechtools.com/vci-100-firmware-kit.html

I dont know how long it has been since the kit has been discontinued, but I imagine it has been a REALLY LONG time.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

maybe one of our fine users still has one and can help you out...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    https://store.djtechtools.com/vci-100-firmware-kit.html

I dont know how long it has been since the kit has been discontinued, but I imagine it has been a REALLY LONG time.
    About 2-3 months since the last kit sold with no plans of restocking for obvious reasons. Firmware files and resources are still up for whoever bought it tho but no support has been offered for the kit for a while.

Since even that required a computer with a serial port (adaptors are a PITA) it's best to try and get a unit with the right firmware as Deevey said if you REALLY want to stick with a VCI-100. Sure, they might be nothing "wrong" with it and it still works with your software of choice but putting more time and money into it when an OS update might knock compatibility out the window is tough to recommend. Not hating on legacy gear btw, I still use my VCI-400 from time to time.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-05-2018 at 10:07 AM.