Deck Target/Focus selector
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Deck Target/Focus selector

Hello DJ Tech fellows,

I'm working with custom MIDI mappings on Traktor recently for a MIDI controller that I'm building. I have an encoder that browses and selects a track from the tracks list and with a button click it loads the selected track into the "Device Target". Now I would like to add two other buttons that each of them changes the focus from Deck A to Deck B, etc.. so that I will be able to load a track into the desired Deck which then becomes the "Device Target".

Thanks in advance,
    I'm new here and looking forward to become an active member in this great online community

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi and Welcome to Forums!

What you are looking for is located at: Add In > Layout > Deck Focus Selector

type = button
    mode = direct
    value = A-B-C-D

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi and Welcome to Forums!

What you are looking for is located at: Add In > Layout > Deck Focus Selector

type = button
    mode = direct
    value = A-B-C-D
    Thank you Steve! this was actually easier than I thought!

P.S. I read somewhere else that this functionality is possible using modifiers is that true? or is it just a more complex method for achieving the same thing using the mappings you just provided?

Quote Originally Posted by AMEER157 View Post
    Thank you Steve! this was actually easier than I thought!

P.S. I read somewhere else that this functionality is possible using modifiers is that true? or is it just a more complex method for achieving the same thing using the mappings you just provided?
    Modifiers could be used on those commands that aren't supporting the deck focus assignments. (i.e. Slot Mute and Slot Volume)

Some of my mappings are supporting Dual Deck Focuses both based on modifiers.

Modifiers could be used on those commands that aren't supporting the deck focus assignments. (i.e. Slot Mute and Slot Volume)

Some of my mappings are supporting Dual Deck Focuses both based on modifiers.
    I see... But what if I wanted to use "Deck Focus Selector" on MIDI Out in order to light up LEDs, there's no way to know which deck is selected...

I see... But what if I wanted to use "Deck Focus Selector" on MIDI Out in order to light up LEDs, there's no way to know which deck is selected...
    Same as Deck Focus. You can map a modifier output commands to display only active state (value)

Same as Deck Focus. You can map a modifier output commands to display only active state (value)
    The code for my controller works in a way that it lights up LEDs according to the MIDI CC messages it receives from the MIDI Out mappings. How can I determine or send the Deck Focus Selector value, which could be Deck A, Deck B, etc... so I can send it as a MIDI CC message?

The code for my controller works in a way that it lights up LEDs according to the MIDI CC messages it receives from the MIDI Out mappings. How can I determine or send the Deck Focus Selector value, which could be Deck A, Deck B, etc... so I can send it as a MIDI CC message?
    Worth trying is create duplicates of each led output command that you have involved and use controller range to create two different outputs.

Play/Pause \ Controller Range
    min = 0
    max = 0
    assign - Note X

Play/Pause \ Controller Range
    min = 1
    max = 1
    assign - Note Y

I found my solution here: http://djtechtools.com/2010/05/30/ho...ds-in-traktor/

For this you would set the controller range min/max to:
    Deck A – 0/0
    Deck B – 1/1
    Deck C – 2/2
    Deck D – 3/3
    Midi range min/max for all would 0/127, and also uncheck invert and blend
    P.S. I had to change the "Controller Range" when setting MIDI Out on "Deck Focus Selector" accordingly

Thanks for your effort Stewe
    Last edited by AMEER157; 06-06-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: post script

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast