My First Ever Mix
    Tech Convert

Default My First Ever Mix

Hey Guys,
    This is my very first mix EVER!!! I know its really crappy but I just want you guys to throw tons and tons of constructive criticism at me so I can become better. You guys can even throw some hardware ideas at me. I did this only using my laptop and no other interfaces. Thanks guys. I hope you guys like some of it and tell me the goods the bads and the what to do next. I hope I get alot of you guys to attack this one. Thanks. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

okay where to start. please be kind with me but there is some stuff i would critise. at first there was not one good transition, second there was not really some kind beatmatching, third way to much use of fxs, fourth your tracks where all out of balanced gain, fith the songselection maybe was a little to much mixed for a short set like this one.
    some tips:
    at first u should try to mix songs that are in the same genre, maybe in the same speedrange. that helps to improve ur mixing skills. dont use too much fxs cause this could make ur set to crazy for listeners. for beatmatching try to sync or to use the pitch function. (take 2 songs drop them in ur programm, set loops on each of the tracks and try to match the beats of those two tracks) if u use traktor turn on autogain.
    hope i could help u. if u have further questions feel free to ask!

by the way...u dont need equipment to dj. just check that old video link in my signature. no controller, audiointerface and so on. just desktop mouse and keyboard.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 12-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach

Tech Convert

Talking

Thanks alot Im going to make a new mix. Take into account your advice. And hopefully I make some magic. One thing I must say though is its is essential to make crates because I was just matching songs by BPM instead of genre. Im getting right to it. Thanks again.

sorry for not responding earlier. for ur question i cann tell as a beginner it is always better to stick to one genre cause in as a first step knowing how to mix propperly is more important than to have a wide spectrum of genres...it can get to confusing for listeners. correct me if im wrong
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.
    FB/Ed Paris
    MC/Ed Paris
    FB/Wallach
    SC/Wallach