Audio Routing Pioneer DJM S9 Into Ableton

Arrow Audio Routing Pioneer DJM S9 Into Ableton

Hi im struggling to route the audio from my Pioneer S9 into Ableton to record on two seprate channels. I want the audio from channel 1 of the s9 to go into channel 1 in the mixer on Ableton and the audio from channel 2 of the s9 to go into channel 2 in the mixer. I've midi mapped the crossfader, so then when i record a mix i get a Ableton project file that i can go back to and edit rarther than just a wave file.

In the Pioneer utility i've selected the outputs to:
    USB 1/2 -- POST CH 1 FADER & USB 3/4 -- POST CH 2 FADER

pioner.jpg

In the Audio Device section when i select the device as "pioneer dj djm-s9 asio" it shows a error and says audio turned off.

pionerab.jpg

The only way i can get sound to go into Ableton is by selecting MME/DIRECTX as driver type and Line in as audio input device. But obviously the channels are not split.

Im not shore if its a bug or if i've missed something.

Can anyone help me with this as i dont know what to do next.

Thanks

I am sure you installed the latest drivers for the s9 right? In theory it should be working. I never setup the s9 drivers in windows before(I normally use OSX). Also double check that your s9 is running the latest firmware.

Are you trying to record into ableton so you can record midi information as well? If you just want the audio I would see if there is a simple recording software that picks it up if ableton doesn't want to work.

Hi m8, yea ive got the latest drivers & firmware installed.

Yes i wanted to route the channels and midi map the crossfader so it draws the automation in for the cuts.

I've asked pioneer via a support ticked that they just deleted without replying

It's a weird one because i get that error in ableton with serato open, saying "Audio Failed" but with serato off it lets me select pioneer dj djm-s9 asio driver. I select ext 1/2 & ext 3/4 in the audio tracks but no sound from vinyls.

So I just remembered that somewhere I read that windows connects ASIO devices directly to a single piece of software at a time and even bypasses the operating system to provide the quickest latency possible. So because windows is giving Serato access Ableton can't gain access as well. Now there may be a way to use a tool called ASIO multi-client but I personally have never used it so you would have to do some tinkering to see if it works.

Ahh right, that sounds like whats happerning.

I just found out about a program called Jack:
    http://jackaudio.org/

That seems like it could work, what do you think m8?

Also im not the only one with this prob:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe...14.ENL0Mofzf78

I think that would just give you the stereo master and not both channels like you wanted. I think what you are looking for is here;
    http://www.vidance.com/asiomulti/

Thanks m8, i havent heard of that... I just had a quick read if it & it sounds promising.

I'll give it a go tomorrow after work. Have you used it before m8?

Are you using Traktor too?

Sorry for the late reply, but i couldn't get that vidance to work.

@Patch Thats the route im going down now, because ive seen people linking Traktor and Ableton, but the S9 isnt a certified mixer so i cant use the control vinyl. Also djchadg's hack dont work anymore.