Limit Loudness to 93db - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I also forgot another question. Say you are playing at 91-92 db and all of a sudden the crowd cheers and the combined loudness of the PA and crowd peak at over 96 db are you then responsible for that as well?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I also forgot another question. Say you are playing at 91-92 db and all of a sudden the crowd cheers and the combined loudness of the PA and crowd peak at over 96 db are you then responsible for that as well?
    I've worked in bars that were over 93db without any music playing, just "people noise" and chambered ceilings.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    It's not against Electronic Music at all as it includes every Kind of enpowered signal.

Every Rock, Pop Openair Festival will be touched the same way as well as Weddings, Sport Events, etc...
    Nothing like sweeping law changes punishing the many for the infractions of the few. Absurdity should be fought with Absurdity. Every DJ, Producer, and Event Coordinator that uses "enpowered" music in your lovely country should completely stop playing for a couple weeks. Give them total silence for a while - watch how quickly this gets changed.

Sarah Brightman at St. Stephens Cathedral in Vienna - how loud do you think this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhw7C_YgdY
    Last edited by Hanginon; 07-08-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Hmm, so where do they want the measurement taken from?
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21 View Post
    Hmm, so where do they want the measurement taken from?
    Well, this is exactly the Problem...No one knows by now exactly what this future law exactly requires.

For the Moment it's just been said that everyone will have to measure and record and store the results for 30 days.
    There are no specifications on how and where, etc...

There's still nearly 1/2 year to go, I guess the Details will Show up the closer the date arrives.

Maybe they will also realise that the law is stupid and cancel it due to technical difficulties of applying it.
    It wouldn't be the first time a law is cancelled because someone overreacted in the Parlament.

I'm not aware of any type of hardware that could do such a thing, too many factors involved.

Tech Mentor

Why must it be Switzerland to implement such a ridiculous law? I think they can do better.
    Anyway, this is what I found about the current law:
    https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/de/home...nstalter1.html

It basically says that the organizer is required to offer free ear plugs, the noise level may never exceed 125db and the average noise level must either not exceed 93, 96 and 100db (depending on requirements).

The noise level must me measured, but it does not matter what tool is being used. When the db average per hour is higher than 96db, the audio track needs to be recorded and maintained for 30 days. [Ok so in case you exceeded the level, you can just limit the soundtrack afterwards, it does say the noise level, not the measuring result in db ]

In case the event's average db level is higher than 96, a compensation area (excluding toilets, storage and public place in front of the venue) must be provided with a maxium level of 85db. The area must contain at least 10% of the designated space for the audience.

Here is my advice to the government: It's up to the organizer to what he wants to do, but he should be work responsibly and take care of the sound, e.g. equalize the frequencies properly etc.. Simply let him set up a disclaimer that high volume will be played beforehand (FB-event etc.), so the audience can organize proper ear plugs in advance. -> Done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12