Richie Hawtin CLOSE: How I PLAY [video] - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam View Post
    I am quite certain that Richie could play a set with two CDJs and people would enjoy his mix just as much as his other performances.

It really is diffrent, i was sceptical to, but saw him at awakenings festival, big tent with 5000 peeps inside and it really made a diffrence...and dont forget, he is really making an effort for this , like you said he could also turn op with just his usb stick but dicided he wanted to give more....

And yes like any dj he sometimes has a bad day, but don't we all
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    It really is diffrent, i was sceptical to, but saw him at awakenings festival, big tent with 5000 peeps inside and it really made a diffrence...and dont forget, he is really making an effort for this , like you said he could also turn op with just his usb stick but dicided he wanted to give more....

And yes like any dj he sometimes has a bad day, but don't we all
    Can you describe what made the difference?
    Anyway, I do think he is a luminary of Techno(logy), but perhaps in some sense he took things too far. He made Techno glamorous, turned it into a pop culture, lives a jetset lifestyle himself. I suppose his artist fees start at 10.000 bucks and reach far beyond. He worked hard and deserves the credit for it, but it's definitely has all got a dark side as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12