A/B?

Thread: A/B?

Default A/B?

Greetings all,

I'm looking for a reliable but inexpensive way to connect two pairs of 8 Ohm speakers to the same amp; I want to be able to switch between them and play them together without adversely affecting the amp or the speakers. Is there anything cheaper than this solution? Anything better suited? How much should I realistically be prepared to spend for my needs? Would I better off getting a second amp, or swapping one of my sets for an active pair instead?

Most grateful for any responses (especially if they're actually helpful )...

BTW, the amp is a domestic (not made for professional audio use) power amp with one rca stereo input and two pairs (one for each speaker) of banana plug/binding post outputs.
    Last edited by Spy da Man; 07-26-2018 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Added details

Usually audiophiles/studio engineers will buy active speakers since there are lots of line level switches out there.

For a passive system there are solutions out there but not many. Be in mind you will have to know the wattage you are running on each channel when deciding on a switch. The cheapest I found started around 75 USD and handles 150 watts per channel. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_543AB2...2.html?tp=2997

Thanks for the response, although your link sent me to a weird shopping page, so I just searched 'crutchfield' and went directly to their site. Unfortunately, they only ship to the U.S. and Canada, however I found a UK supplier for what I think you were trying to show me. Trouble is, I can get the QED model from my first post cheaper so I might as well stick with that...