Denon mc7000, mcx8000, all prime series button failure issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

The finish on my buttons on the vid is different because I spilled some glue on the front of them with trying to fix them.
    The glue came off just fine but dulled the finish a bit.

There is no "different" assembly. I do not have the part number for the assembly because I basically was gagging at the $200 price Denon was charging for it. ANd the buttons are all on one assembly. There is no "separate" buttons.

Also another member on the Denon forum made the point that why would he buy the assembly if the same problem was going to happen again. He Epoxy glued his and stated that the bond is stronger then the assembly itself, therefore he feels its a better solution. Taking this thing apart took HOURS.

As far as Prime goes, I just go by the Denon forum links (which I included above) and what people have stated about their prime button failing. If you look at the words they are using to describe the Prime buttons failing, they are describing the exact situation as seen here in this vid. They are saying the "fell through" or "loose" and unresponsive due to them being wobbly. I may not have looked under the hood of a Prime unit, but the problem descriptions of the Denon forum are an exact description of the problem im having with the MC7000. There are many in that post describing the exact same issue with their Primes. I think its safe to assume its the same type of situation going on with the side button switch contacts and cheap plastic housing getting stressed.

Look im not looking to argue with anyone, do your research decide for yourselves.

Look at the denon forums. Learn from a guy (me) who voided his warranty and made a video solely for the purpose of getting to the real issue here.
    Last edited by thictool; 08-09-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    The finish on my buttons on the vid is different because I spilled some glue on the front of them with trying to fix them.
    The glue came off just fine but dulled the finish a bit.

There is no "different" assembly. I do not have the part number for the assembly because I basically was gagging at the $200 price Denon was charging for it. ANd the buttons are all on one assembly. There is no "separate" buttons.

Also another member on the Denon forum made the point that why would he buy the assembly if the same problem was going to happen again. He Epoxy glued his and stated that the bond is stronger then the assembly itself, therefore he feels its a better solution. Taking this thing apart took HOURS.

As far as Prime goes, I just go by the Denon forum links (which I included above) and what people have stated about their prime button failing. If you look at the words they are using to describe the Prime buttons failing, they are describing the exact situation as seen here in this vid. They are saying the "fell through" or "loose" and unresponsive due to them being wobbly. I may not have looked under the hood of a Prime unit, but the problem descriptions of the Denon forum are an exact description of the problem im having with the MC7000. There are many in that post describing the exact same issue with their Primes. I think its safe to assume its the same type of situation going on with the side button switch contacts and cheap plastic housing getting stressed.

Look im not looking to argue with anyone, do your research decide for yourselves.

Look at the denon forums. Learn from a guy (me) who voided his warranty and made a video solely for the purpose of getting to the real issue here.
    Next time, purchase through somewhere like Zzounds. The replaced an XDJ700 I had in less than 4 days after a button failure (Had the unit for 5 months).

The reason I was curious about the assy's between the prim and the mc series was due to the assy on the prime series player only being $12. Out of curiosity, did Denon support maybe have the incorrect part selected?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

No I have the correct part and Denon is absolutely charging $200 for it. Other folks with the same problem were told the same things by Denon, which can be seen in the Denon forum links I provided if you bothered to look at them...

I'm buying a Prime setup soon. I think I'll do what I did with my sc3900's and just be careful with them.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

No I have the correct part and Denon is absolutely charging $200 for it. Other folks with the same problem were told the same things by Denon, which can be seen in the Denon forum links I provided if you bothered to look at them...
    I did. The couple that did mention the part cost never provided the part number for comparison. If I wasn't at work, I would call the hotline and request the part number to compare it to buying from somewhere else. I wonder what the demand would be for 3D printed rubberized parts for these devices? If high enough, Id be happy to create some.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

thats almost exactly how Pioneer make that similar part...except from memory the plastic button cap makes contact with the tac switch at the bottom...though still opposite the flexible part.

I'm guessing you like to smash buttons/press them too hard
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Mentor

Everyone has their opinion. I honor all opinions.

I mentioned admittedly I am hard on buttons. That in no way means im hitting them with a hammer lol. Ive owned or worked on every DJ controller under the sun EXTENSIVELY.

Never once have I encountered a button failure like this. Not even one time. So if you wana tell me im too hard on buttons thats fine.

Im not alone with this problem as seen in other forum posts. I didnt spent $1000 on a controller where I have to gingerly baby the buttons.

This thread is simply my experience, as is the others with the same problem. If your going to defend denon or believe that this is a problem I created, that's fine too. Good luck with those Denon buttons ya'll....your gonna need it

Tech Guru

Everyone has their opinion. I honor all opinions.

I mentioned admittedly I am hard on buttons.

Never once have I encountered a button failure like this.
    im not defending Denon, but i have fixed and replaced many similar buttons from play/pause on CDJs and the odd controller (VCI300 being the most recent), to the Cue buttons on just about every DJM mixer...all failing at the same point...im sure a better material could be used, but the parts are either glueable depending on the type of break or easily replaced with little more than a phillips screwdriver
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    im not defending Denon, but i have fixed and replaced many similar buttons from play/pause on CDJs and the odd controller (VCI300 being the most recent), to the Cue buttons on just about every DJM mixer...all failing at the same point...im sure a better material could be used, but the parts are either glueable depending on the type of break or easily replaced with little more than a phillips screwdriver
    I like how, when talking about Pioneer CDJ's, we call it "servicing" but on other manufacturers is a "failure".

Yup. I think the problem is exuberated in the last years by manufacturers cutting cost on controllers and the necessity to spend hours disassembling a densely packed controller housing to replace such small part. Just look at MC6000mk1 video on youtube on how to replace it, it's hours of work. Cost of tact-switch or button is the smallest part of the total cost, labor is always the most expensive so 200$ does not surprise me.

I also have no problem believing Denon screwed up the design of the assembly.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Just wanted to update of my MC7000 button issue. My CUE button LEFT side also because loose wobbly and now has unpredictable behavior.

My first button issue was with the PLAY button right side, which I did manage to fix using Epoxy and now is rock solid. But is required hours of disassembly and headache....also voided my warranty.

My MC7000 is less than 6 months old?

Im waiting of word from any Denon rep regarding this situation. Because why get a new assembly if the same thing is going to happen and if I take matters into my own hands and Epoxy the broken buttons, I have a voided warranty.

I posted in the forums where many other are experiencing the same thing (links below) but no word yet from and Denon reps about new strengthened assembly or anything really about the issue.

If your going to respond to this thread PLEASE PLEASE LOOK at the links below, and how many folks are having this issue..

Im just trying to keep this thread alive as this issue keeps growing.

http://denondjforum.com/t/cue-button...me-loose/10242

http://denondjforum.com/t/wobbly-loose-buttons/1049/2

http://denondjforum.com/t/loose-wobb...buttons/9248/2

http://denondjforum.com/t/headphone-cue-buttons/6737/4

http://denondjforum.com/t/cue-button...ight-side/8766

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast